Knife confessions

I don't like the pre-perforated snapping point on the blade. It is about as stupid as the pot holder notch that killed off the Buck Hoodlum. Even worse, the holes have absolutely no purpose that I am aware of.

n2s
Yeah no kidding. That's why it's in the confessions thread. I think I like it a little more now. Lot's not to like on that 223!!

Another confession: I've given up on kitchen knives because my w-- other family members can't treat them properly.

IMG_0231.JPG IMG_0285.JPG I am finding out that smaller knives are more handy than some bigger knives for my needs. That is why I have enjoyed my smaller fixed blades lately. This thread needs some knife pics, so I am referring to my JKs.

For me I've cont to the realization that I very rarely need a blade over 3 inches,. Most time a sak or stockman from buck or case is all I need. Some days though a lock is knife as my hands tremble badly sometimes. Just bought a para 3 from a member anxious to see how I like it
Another confession is I had never used a sak until a couple years ago after getting an electrician on pif thread. Now I have an ad on my keychain everywhere I go,use the scissors constantly.
I don't like flipper knives would rather have thumbstuds or my favorite the spydiehole.

All our kitchen cutlery has to be able to withstand four hours of soaking in soapy water. That's why we can't have nice things.
Haha.. yeah Sh-- uh, family members have been known to soak wooden cutting boards or spoons, cast iron pans and/or lay them out wet ..... yeah, nice things and me have had many brief relationships. More and more of my knives finding their way to storage in my workbench drawers. My garage is getting nicer and nicer all the time!

Another Knife Confession: I am highly considering a sweet $225 knife I don't need. History dictates that chances that I'll get it increase throughout the day maxxing out late night.

I've mentioned a number of times that i'm not really a fan of dedicated flippers. I'm not sure how it happened; but the 2 knives that I currently carry the most are dedicated flippers. No thumbstuds, no hole... just that darned flipper tab.

I don’t own anything with a finger choil anymore. I’ve never found a folder to be too unwieldy for “detail work”. I’ll take more cutting edge.

another thing I hate, the finger choil. What “detail work” needs to be done that a finger choil is necessary because you somehow don’t already have enough control over the blade with the handle? Are we performing microsurgery in the field now?

another thing I hate, the finger choil. What “detail work” needs to be done that a finger choil is necessary because you somehow don’t already have enough control over the blade with the handle? Are we performing microsurgery in the field now?
While I don’t exactly look for finger choils in my knives, they don’t usually bother me. You’re right in that 99% of the time, I don’t actually need it and the loss in cutting edge is unfortunate. Still, it’s nice to have more than one gripping option I guess. I can hold the Manix 2 normally or choked up.

While I don’t exactly look for finger choils in my knives, they don’t usually bother me. You’re right in that 99% of the time, I don’t actually need it and the loss in cutting edge is unfortunate. Still, it’s nice to have more than one gripping option I guess. I can hold the Manix 2 normally or choked up.

I get it. But in most instances it totally ruins the look of the knife and feels forced, along with the loss of edge, making it a deal breaker for me.
They put choils on sub 3” knives, it’s asinine imo

Back