Knife confessions

Everyone's answers are interesting.

Me?

I don't like G-10, especially black. Unless it's carbon fiber, I don't buy black folding knives. My one and only exception is a ZT 0095S90BLK.

I dislike most thumbstuds.

I don't care for assisted opening. Automatic or manual for me.

No Benchmade's. Period.

I dislike metal handles, especially Ti. I make an exception for automatics, mainly because I can get them in multiple colors.

Currently awaiting the next batch of Pro-Tech Malibu.

In my earlier post mentioned I fell for the overbuilt trend. Yes at one I carried a ZT 0801 in dress slacks yo work. Also a 0561. So ridiculous.

The only "tanks" I have left are the aforementioned 0095 and a TSF Beast. Oh and a Kizer Ki423. I rarely carry them. Especially in the summer.

I got into the lighter weight knives February 2019 after spending a year in the hospital. I'm 6'3.5" and most of my life had been around 260lbs. I came home from the hospital at 175. All my clothes were huge, and the heavy knives would pull my pants down.

I'm actually considering selling my 0095. Yes it's the LE S90V BLK but I have to find an excuse to carry it.

Last edited:
This is a hobby - it's fun but I don't have strong feelings about it.

Negative: I cannot stand liner locks or frame locks. I would rather carry a slipjoint than a knife with either of the above locking mechanisms (not including the GEC #23LL which is a slipjoint with an extra liner lock). I just don't trust them, regardless of whether it's a $10 hardware counter special or a $250 ZT prybar.

Positive: I thoroughly enjoy Cold Steel promo videos. I know they are cheezy, tacticool, and over the top. No, I don't choose to purchase a knife because I see Mr. Thompson stab it through the hood of a car, slice up a cardboard cutout zombie, or chop through a boot filled with pork ribs. But I like cutting things with knives. The CS videos display various things being cut with knives. I am a simple man and the math adds up to me....

What’s your purpose in asking?

Since you sand the sides to slim down the handle, I was thinking the locking collar would bulge out some? Or it it not really an issue, or can it be sanded? Really just curious.

I'm not sure which I dislike more - Cold Steel or the punisher skull. Either one are an automatic no

pEwqdYv.jpg

Since you sand the sides to slim down the handle, I was thinking the locking collar would bulge out some? Or it it not really an issue, or can it be sanded? Really just curious.

The sides bulge out farther than the wrinkle on the lock ring. Sanding them down brings them to about the same level. In any case, the lock ring is not really an issue. It is that flared pommel that creates the lump in the pocket.

The sides bulge out farther than the wrinkle on the lock ring. Sanding them down brings them to about the same level. In any case, the lock ring is not really an issue. It is that flared pommel that creates the lump in the pocket.

Gotcha, thanks!

Well, it depends on your definition of overbuilt. Overbuilt as in lean female tennis athlete? Hell yes. She-hulk proportions? Maybe not.

I am glad you are brave enough to take that one in, if you noticed I tried not to go there about the ladies. I was thinking of fit women with muscles, they can hurt you too. What is the lady's name from the Modelo commercial? She is an MMA fighter.

Last edited:
I am glad you are grave enough to take that one in, if you noticed I tried not to go there about the ladies. I was thinking of fit women with muscles, they can hurt you too. What is the lady's name from the Modelo commercial? She is an MMA fighter.

You guys remind me of John Ritter's Skin Deep (1989). :)

MV5BOWQ2NThhYTgtMWViZC00ZDY2LWJmNTEtYzBmOWJkZDU4YTQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ0OTk2ODk@._V1_.jpg

n2s

Back