Knife guys 300.00+ knife in 20.00 jeans.

Not familiar with these jeans but they do look nice.. Time for some Google foo.
Nope...jeans are one thing I don't skimp on, along with too many other things.

A proper fitting, high quality pair will feel like a second skin after some break in.

These LVC's have around a year of actual wear in them and they've become one of my all time favorite pairs. Tons of life left in them and note the almost nonexistent pocket fraying.

I just got off work and am wearing sub $10 thrift store jeans with my Sebenza in my pocket:)

After a quick Google search I'm wondering is selvage denim the reason for the high cost? What is selvage denim?

Selvedge, or selvage (both spellings are correct), is the edge of a fabric as it comes from the loom. Selvedges are woven or knit so that they will not fray, ravel, or curl.

Selvedge denim refers to a unique type of selvedge that is made by means of using one continuous cross-yarn (the weft), which is passed back and forth through the vertical warp beams. This is traditionally finished at both edges with a contrasting warp (most commonly red); that is why this type of denim is sometimes referred to as "red selvedge." This method of weaving the selvage is possible only when using a shuttle loom.

Shuttle looms weave a narrower 30-inch fabric, which is on average half the width of modern shuttleless Sulzer looms. Consequently, a longer piece of fabric is required to make a pair of jeans from selvedge denim (approximately three yards).

To maximize yield, most jeans are made from wide denim and have a straight outseam that utilizes the full width of the fabric, including the edges. Selvedge denim has come to be associated with premium quality jeans, which show the finished edges from the loom rather than the overlocked edges that are shown on other jeans.

Thanks danke42, can't say I've owned a pair of selvage denim jeans but I'd sure like to get to hold a pair and see how they feel compared to the jeans I've always worn. Things that make ya say hmm..

I was typically a Levi' s guy until I tried Kitanica ASP' s & their other styles but now the ASP' s win out most days. Love 10 pockets n there variety of different potential carry variations. They run about $190.00 a pair.

Always had/needed good boots especially as a tree climber. Custom wesco highliners from $250 a pr 20 yrs ago to $450 now. Also Danner' s (3pr), Chippewa (7 pr), Cosmas, & Australian redbacks. I have 3 pair (wesco, danner) that are 20yrs old n resoled a couple times and are still in fantastic shape. Havnt spent less than $200 for boots since at least 1988.

Sunglass are another area not to skimp. My eyes are spoiled in Costa del Mar Seven mile frames with 580glass green mirror. The difference in these lenses is astounding. Incredibly clear n vivid while blocking all that harmful uv stuff. I have 20/10 vision n would like to keep it as long as I can. Have dropped $200+ on 3pr of Costa' s since late 90's. Love em

I carry/use every knife I own n they vary from $20-$600 in cost.

Quality generally costs more, not always but more often than not. Quality lasts longer more often as well.
The little things in life that make a guy happy. Usually cost more than a little!!! My Harley- just another example.

Whatever your carrying gentlemen, enjoy them & keep em sharp

Bought some 50.00 Levi's , moving on up:D now I ease my pocket clip onto the pocket so as not to cause pocket shredding.

I usually wear wranglers but I must be tough on jeans, since I only get about 8 months out of them before they have ripped somewhere. I recently picked up a Kirkland brand pair of jeans that seem to be better quality than the wranglers. They are not as trendy looking but for $13 I'm not complaining and the boss lady says they are ok. And yes I have once had a ridiculously expensive pair of jeans and they only lasted a few months longer than the cheap ones.

I'm like you unwisefool, but my jeans are from samsclub ($11.68/ea) Got 5-pairs, one for each work day and they've lasted me 7 years. They're the only brand that fits my arse and have 29-inseam. Yep--- shorty here. 7 years for $11.68 is pretty rockstar in my book. Have some carthartt rip stop pants that are awesome too. Polo shirt, leather belt and steel toe red wing boots wrap up my daily wear. Footwear is one place I do not skimp. Your feet is your wheels, and go nowhere if you have a flat-tire. Any guesses as to what I do? That's the standard issue uniform for engineers here in Hawaii. Hahaha! Usually have my Curtiss F3, ferrum forge, or seb25 at my side. Seamaster and my Mauijims rounds it out,...unless I'm actually onsite and switch out the jims for safetyz87 polarized.

Back