Knife guys 300.00+ knife in 20.00 jeans.

I usually carry enough folding money in my Levi's front pocket to buy a unique graphic CRK.
Ergo the 3-5 hundred dollar folder clipped in the other pocket. :D

I'm much more of a Khaki, Canvas and Slack kind of person....so

$100 - pants/shirt
$150 - boots/shoes
$250 - jacket
$200-$400 - knife
$2000-$6000 - watch

I have my priorities just like everyone else :)

Today I'm carrying a Yoji 2 and an 0909 in my Faded Glory jeans from Walmart. That's just shy of $300 worth of knives in a $9.96 pair of jeans. :D

Balance for me its all about balance. Clothes, Coat, Shoes or Boots, Socks, Watch, Ring, Wallet, Sunglasses, and Knife. Harmony and Balance.

Balance for me its all about balance. Clothes, Coat, Shoes or Boots, Socks, Watch, Ring, Wallet, Sunglasses, and Knife. Harmony and Balance.

Exactly, balance.
I balance out my expensive knives with cheap clothes. :D

Sometimes I might almost equal the cost of my knives depending on which coat and boots are being worn...but usually not.

Except for suits, there is no outfit that I typically wear that costs more than the majority of knives that I routinely carry. I don't wear particularly cheap clothing, at work or home, but my knives have become pricey. I have a few nice watches but kinda just stopped wearing them (or carrying my cell usually) so they aren't really a factor. My monetary focus is definitely on the knife in the pocket lately.

Wow, I can't believe I forgot to mention a belt. Nothing beats a real good belt.

Last edited:
I work at hardware store (Lowe's to be exact), so my clothing doesn't really change all that much; basically just Wrangler Jeans and a polo shirt of some sort. Each of these is in the $15 to $20 range. My watch is an entry level G-Shock. The boots I don't skimp on because the entire day is spent walking on either concrete or pavement. Good ones are a plus and generally run me $100+ per pair (currently wearing Irish Setter Hunt boots by Redwing Shoes). My current EDC is a CRK Small Sebenza 21, so yea, that's pretty much the most expensive thing on me save for the iPhone 5s (retails direct from Apple for $499 — obviously I didn't pay this for mine through my local wireless carrier).

Twelve dollar Lee's?
I can't even squeak that with my 30% off at Kohl's :)
Passing thru South Carolina on our way to Florida, we were taken to a Hamrick's. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was gonna get one pair; the guy I was with said get two... Glad I did. Right you are! Not even in Kohl's can you get a deal like that!

I would say my knife is about 60 percent of the time more expensive than my other edc items. But some times I do wear suits or shoes worth much more than any of my knives.
Also not gonna lie...in the past I did wear a pair of True Religion jeans fairly often haha..( $200)

well I'm a "big and tall" in length and a pre teen girl in width, so.... buying clothes is always expensive for me since i have to get them tailored. I like good clothes as much as i like good knives as much as i like good food as much as i like good company!

Large 21 rfp
GEC 85 easy open in change pocket or next to wallet
Bogs boots
Wrangler jeans from target

Right there with you, I edc a $200 knife and edw pairs of 35 dollar jeans. Boots are always second price wise, usually Chippewa or Dr. Martens boots with composite toe. Jeans for 200?! They have a built in hole of glory?

Usually the knife is second to boots got a pair of White's boots about the same cost as a small sebenza. But when I have a hinderer or My sebenza 25 the knife is more expensive. jeans are pair of prison blues jeans 35 dollars and made in USA.

Usually the knife is second to boots got a pair of White's boots about the same cost as a small sebenza. But when I have a hinderer or My sebenza 25 the knife is more expensive. jeans are pair of prison blues jeans 35 dollars and made in USA.

If you like Whites you really should checkout Trumans and Viberg.

Thanks for the suggestion I will, and I do like White's but don't think I'll buy from them again nothing bad about the boot I have had the same pair for 2 years now probably won't need a new pair for quite some time, what with being able to have them rebuilt. But they where recently bought by a Japanese corporation so I think my next pair will be by open road customs.

Nope...jeans are one thing I don't skimp on, along with too many other things.

A proper fitting, high quality pair will feel like a second skin after some break in.

These LVC's have around a year of actual wear in them and they've become one of my all time favorite pairs. Tons of life left in them and note the almost nonexistent pocket fraying.

I will continue to purchase my $30 jeans and get 2-3 tree as out of them. One of the main reasons is that the nature of my employment tends to be a bit more harsh on clothing. Due to the fact that my clothes Will be getting dirty (than some other careers paths), it helps knowing I have one less concern.

If you can get 9 years it of those jeans with less pocket fraying and comparable comfort, the I could see spending 3x as much on jeans.
-----
Though I do get a sense of comfort that if I am going to be forced to change a car tire, jump start a coworkers car, or anything similar (a non-emergency) that I won't be potentially ruining $100 plus in jeans.

Though I do get a sense of comfort that if I am going to be forced to change a car tire, jump start a coworkers car, or anything similar (a non-emergency) that I won't be potentially ruining $100 plus in jeans.

The best way is check the thrift stores every so often; $100 jeans for $15. :thumbup:

AND you can get them brand new sometimes; sometimes clothes snobs end up donating them before even wearing them, due to fashions changing! Seriously!
You can' t always count on finding awesome stuff like that, but when you can get a $400 leather jacket for $25 sometimes, it's worth stopping by sometimes.

I have been known to carry a $600 folder in a pair of jeans I paid five bucks for at the Salvation Army thrift store.

I can relate. I rarely ever buy new clothes. Grew up poor, and that just carried over. I could, but don't feel the need. I don't need to impress anybody, as my wife is in the same boat with me, and she likes me in my used jeans.;)

I'll go a little more out on watches, but usually only buy a new one every 10 years, or so.

Back