Knife guys 300.00+ knife in 20.00 jeans.

No envy here relative to knives or other things that a lot of people like that I might not have the appreciation needed to spend the money for the higher dollar item. Do what makes you the complete package for YOU. Yeah, I know... dress for success and all that stuff. I think it is true to a degree, but you need more than clothes to complete the package.

I have gravitated to wearing mostly khaki slacks in the last year from wearing dominantly cargo style pants for a couple of years. This followed blue jeans for years. Khaki slacks were only for dress up occasions. Like corduroy slacks as well during the winter months. I still wear cargo pants for harder use work occasions and occasionally blue jeans.

I like nice knives. I admire the workmanship and enjoy handling them. But I still mostly carry a Vic SAK. In the woods it's the vic sak and a medium size fixed blade. The blade varies. I might even carry a >7" blade for the fun of it at times. Toss in a folding saw or machete depending on the outing. Will occasionally carry two folders which is when the nicer ones get used. But honestly most of the routine cutting happens with the sak.

Use what you like and are comfortable carrying. Maybe I'm just getting old and set in my ways, but I don't need the latest designer slacks or $50-$100 shirts. I am not significantly brand conscious unless the brand is one I trust to meet my standards for quality. Been seriously considering suspenders for work situations. I get tired of my pants sliding down when I'm all hot and sweaty, and bending a lot.

Added: I might add that I do buy $50-$100 shirts, but I usually purchase them on sale unless it is for a very specific occasion where I simply don't have a shirt that I want to wear. This happens periodically, but not often.

Last edited:
I love my Duluth Trading Firehose pants. Comfortable as heck with zillions of pockets to carry all my stuff (including knives). They cost less than most of my knives.
I also have a pair of Carhartts that come with an extra layer of fabric on the right front pocket to accommodate the wear from a knife clip.
My Firehose pants are my favorites though. They come in many different styles with different options.

I've heard really good things about those Duluth Firehose pants. I may have to spend a bit of money and upgrade my trousers.

I haven't tried their Firehose Pants yet but I really love Duluth's carpenter jeans and I like their cargo shorts for the summer. The main thing that I like is that their pockets are made out of canvas instead of the tissue paper that most other companies use. I used to buy $30 Old Navy jeans but my keys and SAK would wear through the pocket in a couple months. Additionally, I can comfortably pocket carry a S&W Shield in the huge pockets that Duluth puts in their pants.

Levi 501's for home, Carhartt bibs or carpenter jeans for work, and always a Spydie or Emerson in one of the pockets.....

I usually wear Nudie Jeans, or Naked & Famous for work. My Pipsqueak or my 0900 in the back pocket.

$30 Old Navy jeans, whatever tee shirt has migrated to the top of the drawer (unknown cost), $180 Red Wing boots, $300 Maui Jim sunglasses, $800 Medford Viper knife - my priorities.

And it looks like my stainless Datejust is over $3500 these days.

Not only do my knives cost more than my clothes, I have more knives than clothes. :D

Pardom my thinking, but Wal-Mart sells Waranglers. I like the fit of Waranglers. Wal-Mart Wangler cost under $17.00, and last longer than my grandson $100.00 designer jeans.

My grandson need to be in fashion, I do not. I have pretty much dress, as I do today most of my adult like, in high school, with the exception of time I was required to wear a uniform, or suit & tie.

I the guy in Wanglers, a T-shirt, and Running Shoes.

Pardom my thinking, but Wal-Mart sells Waranglers. I like the fit of Waranglers. Wal-Mart Wangler cost under $17.00, and last longer than my grandson $100.00 designer jeans.

My grandson need to be in fashion, I do not. I have pretty much dress, as I do today most of my adult like, in high school, with the exception of time I was required to wear a uniform, or suit & tie.

I the guy in Wanglers, a T-shirt, and Running Shoes.

Wranglers are darn good jeans for the money, my experience is that they actually hold up better than Levis. Heck, I'm starting to think jeans, t-shirt and boots/sneakers is the unofficial Bladeforums dress code. ;)

I can relate. I just replaced all my jeans due to weight loss and ferric chloride stains. I wear Dickies relaxed fit 5 pocket. All I wear is jeans and T-shirts. I've been wearing a pair of $200 American Boot Co model 401 steel toe firefighters for 2 years and they're going strong. Knife is an $800 custom Microtech/Marfione Socom Alpha and a $300 custom slipjoint.

Pants are consumables.

Cargo pants..... probably true. :D I was exclusively a Levi's consumer until a few years ago they bumped their prices $5-$10 a pair. I looked for other options.... Wranglers from WM. Yep. But like I said earlier, I am on a khaki kick right now. Khaki's and Carhartt pocket tea shirt. Love their tea shirts.... they don't shrink like a lot you buy. Worth the price. Cell phone and pen goes in pocket.....

I will have to find another brand of pants soon.
The Denver Hayes cargo pants switched to Chinese production, and they are NOT as good as before.
Thinner fabric, and the main pockets are shaped different...don't work quite as well.

Nope, it's cargo pants...more pockets for knives! :)

Ha! When I was more into the kickboxing game I use to corner for a lot of our guys. We had a running joke that the martial arts dress code was cargo pants and a black hoodie. ;)

I wondered what that fixed blade was, sure is a looker. What steel is it?

And I'm sure you know about waving tearing up pockets lol as a forward waver I get a bit more wear along the rim of the pocket I think.
I can relate. I just replaced all my jeans due to weight loss and ferric chloride stains. I wear Dickies relaxed fit 5 pocket. All I wear is jeans and T-shirts. I've been wearing a pair of $200 American Boot Co model 401 steel toe firefighters for 2 years and they're going strong. Knife is an $800 custom Microtech/Marfione Socom Alpha and a $300 custom slipjoint.

Pants are consumables.

Pants made out of knives? Did you accidently hit your assisted opening knife or are you just happy to see me?
Not only do my knives cost more than my clothes, I have more knives than clothes. :D

I wondered what that fixed blade was, sure is a looker. What steel is it?

And I'm sure you know about waving tearing up pockets lol as a forward waver I get a bit more wear along the rim of the pocket I think.

I've been carrying a this recently... Elmax @ .200"

In the beard picture, Branton/Brend midtech. D2 @ .250"

DAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNN I want that top blade something serious!! Where did you get an elmax socom alpha?

Back