Knife people are amazing, CPKers are the best

Congrats on the knife it was a very decent gesture on the 2 members and really nice to see it in the community.
But i'm even more delighted for your adoption, he's a fine looking boy, kids make a home.

Thanks David!

We’re trying our best to provide him a good home even as he helps to complete ours.

As for the two members, I have a few suspects in mind, but it’s honestly driving me crazy that I’m not sure who they are. It’s really the most awesome surprise I’ve ever received and I’d love to return the gesture sometime.

Thanks David!

We’re trying our best to provide him a good home even as he helps to complete ours.

As for the two members, I have a few suspects in mind, but it’s honestly driving me crazy that I’m not sure who they are. It’s really the most awesome surprise I’ve ever received and I’d love to return the gesture sometime.
If they wanted you to know they would have said but I like their style. They obviously wanted nothing back and it's a great example.
Having never been a kid person with no nieces or nephews and never bothered I wanted to see the world etc.
When we had our own little lad nearly 2 years ago I wouldn't be without him, he makes a grumpy guy have a laugh. I'm delighted this kid will get a good home too many don't.
And the person who liked that happened to be Irish.
Love it

I was fostered then adopted, so as you can see, some turn out okay.
Erm maybe im not the best example but wish your family all the best.
Big changes in attitudes towards both countries since I was young. And some great guys I know on here are British.

I received a package today. The best kind of package: a package from CPK.
Thing is, I didn’t order anything from CPK.
Opening it with my trusty EDC2 (what else?), this is what I found inside:
View attachment 1411458

I mean, GET OUTTA HERE (as they say across the river)!!

I am still thoroughly overwhelmed and speechless, and it’s just impossible to find the right words to express how I feel. This is the most amazing surprise I have ever received and so generous that I’m not even sure I feel comfortable keeping it.

As I mentioned in an earlier post around the time of the DEK preorder, it’s been a little rough since the pandemic started and I haven’t been frequenting the forums much lately. My little family has remained in NYC for the time being despite both of us currently being unemployed, because we’re waiting for the adoption of our little boy to finally be completed. Moving, even to another county, would cause the case to be removed to another agency and beginning the whole process all over again...
We’re raising him to be NY tough and also a future member of the CPK family (there are some nice blades waiting for him when he’s ready). He likes to wear caps this way :cool:

View attachment 1411473

The knife is, of course, perfect and configured EXACTLY as I would have chosen it myself. What an amazing blade! It feels incredibly light and nimble in hand and the grind seems to be even thinner behind the edge than the smaller EDC. I absolutely love it and expect it to see a lot of use!

I’m still too dumbstruck to write coherently - this just happened this afternoon.

I really don’t know how to thank the “two CPK brethren” enough. I’d really love to eventually repay this huge kindness in some way when I am again better situated. If not to the anonymous gents themselves (I still hope to identify them eventually) then at least to this truly amazing community.

Thanks again guys!! You are truly amazing!!

Christian

What the heck?! I go to the hills for a few days and people start having knives show up unexpected.......I want a do-over!!!!!!!! :eek:

re: the little guy, good on you and yours brother :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and thanks for sharing that.

Thanks David!

Sometimes the giving is really the best part. My advice- pay it forward.
When you can and the time is right.

ok, who's responsible for this?
Ep6Yqza.jpg

somebody out there knows my favourite slipjoint pattern is a locking, split back whittler with spear point main blade, and I don't wanna guess and get myself in trouble, so thank you to whomever you are, (I have suspicions)

I also love my morning coffee
9Oj8uqv.jpg

Back