KnifeHead..NO WAY! and other Blade activity.

It is nice to be in my chair and resting instead of walking, I have never walked so much in my life, well almost. I used to have a real job.
Jim

Sounds like a great day Ford. I bet you had a good knife with you.

Some of you at Blade saw this knife by Kerry Hampton that he brought to the show for me. He also posted it over the knifemakers’ section of BF.

This is Kerry’s second two-blade knife and he really did an outstanding job. I think this is only Kerry’s 12th knife. Great knifemaker, photographer and all-around good guy. Thanks Kerry. The knife got rave reviews from everyone who saw it at Blade.

hampton003.jpg

Better photos and description here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556169

This is the brother to the swayback Elliott posted in his thread. James Culpepper also picked up a stag swayback from Mike Zscherny. It was a pleasure to meet Mike and while he has been making knives for a long time he only recently started making slipjoints. I hope to learn a lot more about Mike’s work in the near future.

zercney004.jpg

zercney005.jpg

Lastly, a Jess Horn model made in America in 1999 for A.G. Russell. James brought this to the show for me and it’s a good knife at a great price.

russell006.jpg

I actually made it home with some money so I guess I wasn't trying hard enough.

Beautiful knives Mike. That 2 blade from Kerry is so sweet. And the swayback from Mr. Zscherny is terrific. Thanks for sharing those.

btw, the knife I always have in my PFD these days, is the one you sent me. Thanks again bro. :)

Mike, those are some awesome knives. I'm enjoying 'em almost as much now as at the show! :thumbup:

Kerry's 2 blader was awesome. Just as nice as anything I handled except for Tony and Reeses and it came pretty darn close to those.

Thanks for the positive vibes friends. I'm still working out the knifemaking kinks. It would be much easier if I made knives full time, but as it is, stopping and starting with available time makes it more difficult to be consistent. I still have much to learn and more tools to buy.

Thanks for the positive vibes friends. I'm still working out the knifemaking kinks. It would be much easier if I made knives full time, but as it is, stopping and starting with available time makes it more difficult to be consistent. I still have much to learn and more tools to buy.

I just can't get over the precision and craftmanship of a T. Bose and R. Bose knife. I have never heald a knife that was made as well as Bose knives. One of these days boys.....I am gonna have me one!

Kerry, your knife was just awesome! I could not believe that someone (not in the knife profession) could make a knife as nice as yours. I was truly impressed! Keep up the good work!

Here I thought CASE knives were the only knife to have and carry......I still love them, don't get me wrong, I just have a new appreciation for the individual knifemakers.....

I know Kerry would rather we not sing his praises, but I showed his knife to an established knifemaker and who said it took him 10 years to get to that point.

Sure, learning from Tony has to be great and that does raise everyone's expectations, but Kerry has a real perfectionist streak in him and skills that are just starting to blossom.

I think he used a different handle shape for this one than what is normally used on the Bose WTs.

Last edited:
Kerry, that 2 blade is fantastic!! Wish I'd had the chance to CE and CF it. Don't know who started it, but I like the abbreviations. :) Mike, thanks for the pics. Great stuff.

I can't believe I just read all that.....you guys scare me ;)

It was great to see most of y'all and this was a Super Blade Show :thumbup:

anyways...Robuck can talk about his equipment all day, so, I will shift gears with another highlight of the show. This is the first draw at the Bose table...the luckiest of Bose drawees in 8 years - 6 DRAWS!...the BASTID! :)

(18mb download)
http://knifehead.com/images/blade2008/P5300435.AVI

Sounds like my biggest cheerleader was Blues in that tape, he was almost as loud as I was when he got one last year! :D.

I know what you mean Don, those guys scare me too. :)

It was good to talk with you again and I was happy to hear that it was a good show for you as well.

Sounds like my biggest cheerleader was Blues in that tape, he was almost as loud as I was when he got one last year! :D.

What!:eek: Oh yea man, he was shakin his pom poms and screamin like a little girl when you won. :D You still have the Barlow....you carrying it or what?

What!:eek: Oh yea man, he was shakin his pom poms and screamin like a little girl when you won. :D You still have the Barlow....you carrying it or what?

Kerry, I couldn't open that AVI for some reason in Windows Media Player.

Don't know if I'm missing a plug-in or something. :confused:

Me sell a Bose knife. No way. I have all 7 that I have been lucky to get from them. I hope things never come to that, but ya never know. Last time I counted in 20+ years of collecting customs, I have sold or traded 3 (and they were all fixed blades :D).

Have not toted the barlow yet, but I have already toted the Zscherny. You can tell by the grinds on the barlow it is going to be a great cutter.

Do have one from Tony and one from Reese that I carry and use, just not the barlow yet.

The barlow would be a perfect carry, there is a guy who wants it, and I told him the only way he could get it from me was to trade another 2 Blade Tony knife. I am giving him a chance to decide for a few weeks before it finds its way into my pocket.

When Kerry first posted a picture of that Barlow, I saved it as my new computer wallpaper. Little did I know that within a few weeks that very knife would be in Bastid's hairy paws.:D

The coolest thing Kerry told me about the knife is that the scratches on the blade are natural to the steel, and not manmade. I think that's pretty neat.

And Gus, I heard about this potential offer for a trade. I think I need to handle your barlow and the potential trade for a couple months before I can approve the transaction ;)

Back