• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knifemakers PLEASE beware!

“The manual has over 200 pictures of the most up to date covert weapons that are in the hands of the bad guys now.”

“What you don’t know can hurt you!”

“The bottom line is that these covert weapons are out there and often in the hands of people with the intent to do harm to you, your family, or those who you are sworn to protect.”

The above are quotes from:
www.rossiter2000.com

Dr. Sharp, you make money by misleading people and misrepresenting weapon owners.

You of course can make money any way you want.

I for one won't be doing business with you.

Ryan
DrClckWrk

Daniel: Belated thanks for fixing the link to the review.

Mr. Bjorkman: Amazing how you managed to be polite here but not at SDF. As to the Quisling thing, that was taken directly from your text. Your classification of only James Keating's items as defensive by contrast with virtually everything else listed therein, virtually all of which were equally defensive.

Dr. Sharp said:
As an example, when your family flies, it is important that the people manning the airport security are given the tools, training and knowledge to stop others who pose a threat to your family. Personal security often comes down to all or nothing. Either everyone goes armed or nobody does.

All the hogwash about increasing airline security has proven to increase our safety not a whit. The simple fact of the matter is that it's unlikely such an attack will happen again in the same manner, yet all manner of resources have been directed at theoretically making airlines "weapon free" zones. Further, the knives carried by the 19 hijackers were not the problem, especially since many of them were apparently pre-planted on the planes by ground crew. The problem is that for years our response to hijackers (and scum of all other bents) was to meekly accede to their demands, and on three of the four hijacked planes on 9/11, that was the same response. Only on the fourth plane, where it was clear to all what was happening, was resistance mounted, and the scum defeated, however Pyrrhically.

I can agree with the last part of your post that I quoted above. Flatly, everyone should be armed and sufficiently trained to use what they carry, at all times. In any circumstance, a disarmed populace only creates the greater likelihood of victimization. Given the limited training done in the US, your book would make no difference one way or the other, especially at the airports I have flown to and from, where English is at best a second language for screeners. TSA has proven to be nothing but another public works program, filled with petty incompetents who enjoy nothing more than harrassing travelers (and on many occasions stealing from them, all behind the aegis of "sovereign immunity"). BTW, I would submit that anyone hired for such duty should bloody well know the meaning of smuggle or tear gas before they are hired, to say nothing of their ability to speak, read, and write English.

As to your sales being affected by my review, two quotes leap to mind:

"No good deed ever goes unpunished."
- Clair Booth Luce
"There's a sucker born every minute."
-P.T. Barnum

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Please check my profile. As you can see under occupation, I am a researcher/writer about covert weapons. I thought that people would kinda twig to that when combined with my interest in obtaining covert edged weapons. My mistake. Nobody likes being fooled.

In any event, as far as Blade Forum, I believe that everybody who I purchased a covert knife or got information from, was aware of my ongoing research. In reality, I suspect that many sellers really don't care as long as everything is legal and they get their price.

As the training manual "Recognition and Response to Covert Weapon Infiltration" is already published, the covert edges that I am presently acquiring are for my new book expected out in January.

The new book will be more along the lines of what most readers are used to. There will be lots of pictures along with a brief description of each covert weapon. (I am a knife- guy so there won't be any firearms in this book). As well, I am hoping to include profiles of some of the major designers/players in the industry as many of them have facinating backgrounds.

The problem that a lot of writers/researchers face when writing about covert weapons is that they often don't have care and control over the weapon that they are writing about. This sometimes causes concern if a photo doesn't work out, or as in the example used by eda -Koppo where he questions the material that the Fred Perrin glass knife is made from (selfdefenseforum).

In this case, the knife is in fact glass. I purchased it at a knife store in the Bastille district of Paris along with a number of Fred Perrin's other covert edges. The point is that by actually owning the knife, if a question arises, it is a simple matter of digging it out, and clarifing the situation.

The downside to this approach - as you can imagine - is the considerable expense.

The bottom line is that I will continue to research and write about covert weapons and I appreciate any help offered along the way.

Bart Bjorkman
www.rossiter2000.com

Dr. Sharp said:
If you check my profile you will see that under occupation I list: Researcher/writer covert edged weapons. I don't know how I can be anymore un-subtle than that.

Where was your profile when you ordered Engagement Rings from me? There was no mention of your book then. The least you could have done was give me a heads-up about your intentions concerning the rings.

That really is a minor lack of professionalism though. What really hits me the wrong way is the fact that your website states

The manual has over 200 pictures of the most up to date covert weapons that are in the hands of the bad guys now. Focusing primarily on slash and/or thrust weapons, you will be shocked at what is actually out there and how easy it is for many of these weapons to be infiltrated into secure areas with impunity. The facts are that you cannot interdict unless you are aware of what you are up against.

"In the hands of the bad guys now"????????? I will wager a custom knife that not a single one of my Engagement Rings is owned by or possessed by a bad guy. I'm damn confident that not a single one of the rings has ever been used to commit a crime. Where do you get off making such a blanket statement like that? I'll bet you are just like all those morons who think that the item itself is evil while totally overlooking the individual who picks up the item and chooses to do evil with it.

I find it ironic that the chicken little "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" alarm has been activated, considering that I am one of the few researchers who actually owns the weapons that I write about. Most people would consider this a good thing.

You sounded that alarm by making that statement about the weapons being in the hands of the bad guys.

Who cares if you own the weapons mentioned in the book. Owning a huge collection of machine guns hasn't stopped the Brady's from wanting to take away our right to bear arms.

As a courtesy, I sent out a pre-sale copy of the manual to most of the makers and suppliers whose weapons I used in the book. (if you were missed, drop me a line). Remarkably, every maker that I have talked to so far is happy with the outcome.

As a courtesy, you should have informed me of your intentions from the get-go. Also, I am not very happy with the outcome but you probably typed this before I got back to you with my view.

I will leave you with this last bit to contemplate.

You won't get anything else from me.

Dr. Sharp said:
...As a courtesy, I sent out a pre-sale copy of the manual to most of the makers and suppliers whose weapons I used in the book. (if you were missed, drop me a line)....For those who are actually interested in obtaining the facts, contact me.
Sincerely
Bart Bjorkman
www.rossiter2000.com
Bart,

I'm not a "maker or supplier", but I'm very interested in a pre-sale (autographed) copy of this manual. If you want to, please feel-free to send a copy of this manual to me...You can think of it as a slightly early (near the end of July) 50th birthday present to me.:).

Dann Fassnacht
708 North L Street Apt. 2
Aberdeen, WA 98520

If I do receive a copy of this manual, I promise to give it a review here at BladeForums.

Hi Eda- koppa
Actually, I tend to be a polite person.

Perhaps you mistake appreciation for sarcasam. I meant what I said in the selfdefenseforum that I attribute the recent increase in sales to your negative review. I wished that advertisements and positive reviews pulled so well.

To think of the three years of research including frequent international trips and wasting the time of many of the worlds acknowledged authorities on covert edged weapons when I could have simply asked you.

Cheers
Bart Bjorkman
www.rossiter2000.com

Just out of curiosity, where did I use the word "Quisling" before today?

Hi Ryan/DrClckWrk

Actually Ryan the only weapons owner I represent is myself. As I have accumulated a fairly good collection, I certainly have a vested interest in keeping them.

As a thorough researcher and a passable writer I find it really important to try to get the facts right. If you have found something that you think is misleading, please tell me what it is.

Thanks for posting some of the information from my website. To put things into context, as the manual is a training manual for law enforcement and security personnel, they really are only interested in the "bad guys".
Keep in mind that most law enforcement officers do not consider an armed, law abiding citizen a "bad guy".

Weapons don't make the "bad guy", intent and motivation do.

As for your business, I really would like to sell you a book, even if was to make you a more informed person.

Oh well.

Sincerely

Bart Bjorkman
www.rossiter2000.com

Bart,
By "misrepresent" I meant the way that you depict weapon owners in your advertising,
not (if I understand your interpretation correctly) who you are a representative of.

I'm sure you would like to sell me a book. After examining your advertising and the way that you conduct yourself, I have no interest in it although I enjoy reading books on knives.

I for one will be interested to see how many members of this community want to support you by selling you knives or buying your books after reading this thread and your website.

Ryan
DrClckWrk

Hi Barry,

With all of this writing back and forth, I am sorry to be taking you away from your work.

Barry, when I ordered the engagement rings from you I was not a member of Blade Forum so there was no profile.

I am a little surprised at your concern about me using your "rings" in my manual as I actually first found out about them on the internet, so they were already public knowledge.

I have apologized to you for not giving you a heads up before going to print, but again it is in the nature of this type of training manual to show what is available.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, law enforcement and security are really only interested in armed people with the intent to do harm to others, not law abiding citizens who happen to be armed.

If there is a down side to researching and writing manuals this is it. I am truly sorry that I have caused you distress. I really enjoyed our dealings and feel bad that it has ended this way.

In any event I missed todays mail, so will get your copy of the manual out to you tommorrow.

Sincerely
Bart Bjorkman
www.rossiter2000.com

Hi Ryan/DrClckWrk
Again a prompt reply, thanks.

Without the book, you really don't have any idea what is happening. But don't let a little thing like the facts get in your way.

As for how many in the "community" will purchase my manual and provide me with further examples of covert weapons and information. well...we will see.

As it looks today. Quite a few.

Sincerely
Bart Bjorkman
wwwrossiter2000.com

Dr. Sharp said:
As a thorough researcher and a passable writer I find it really important to try to get the facts right. If you have found something that you think is misleading, please tell me what it is.

Ok, the word "often" in this sentence:

“The bottom line is that these covert weapons are out there and often in the hands of people with the intent to do harm to you, your family, or those who you are sworn to protect.”

Dr. Sharp said:
Without the book, you really don't have any idea what is happening. But don't let a little thing like the facts get in your way.

I'm not going to spend money on your book when everything i see leads me to believe it will be a waste of time and money.

Dr. Sharp said:
As for how many in the "community" will purchase my manual and provide me with further examples of covert weapons and information. well...we will see.

As it looks today. Quite a few.

Based on the only review by this type of audience, found in the link on the first page of this thread, I'm thinking in the long term it doesn't look so good.
Have you noticed that everyone in this thread that found out what you were all about either won't sell you a knife or wishes they hadn't, now that they are informed? You're right. We'll see.

I never said you used the word Quisling. I did, given your apparent "seal of approval" of Keating's tools over everyone else's, although I never referred to you as "Satanic." Given that by your own admission you have no affiliation with law enforcement or the military (from your own "about the author" page), why would members of either group look to you for expertise on anything?

FWIW, it's great that your consistently bad spelling persists here in the forums as well as in your book. If three years went into the book, that's probably 24-30 months more than any competent or knowledgeable writer would have needed. Perhaps if you watched fewer Xena reruns, it wouldn't have taken as long to write. For the record, the fact that the Xena character makes the same annoying pointless noise that Islamic militants do does not mean the chakram is a viable tool, either offensively or defensively.

In the final analysis, you've been outed as a fraud, and deservedly so. My work is done.

Hi eda -koppo
I don't have the time or temperment to play "he said, she said," with you. If anybody is interested, it is simple enough to go back through the posts.

You aren't going to get an argument from me that spelling is not my strong point. The books' editor however, will be quite disapointed to find that she missed some words. You must be quite good at the english language.

Perhaps you would share with me some of your published work so that I can learn from the feet of a master.

You seem to like using words like "fraud", while you hide behind the veil of anonymity. What a coward!

I deliver what I promise and I use my real name.

It's interesting that you are the only person who seems to take umbridge to my work. That is your right, it's just too bad that your credibility is hurt by your name calling.

Again, I want to thank you for all of the excitement that you have generated as apparently this stuff sells books.

Sincerely
Bart Bjorkman
www.rossiter2000.com

Bart - thanks for the reply. I understand what you're saying, and I think I have a better understanding of what you're trying to do.

Now, what would you say to me (as a knifemaker) to convince me to support your book?

Yup send Barry your book, he'll save money on toilet paper.

Of course he have to get over the fact that the pages come pre-smeared.

Back