Knives For 2019?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by sabre cat, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    I hear they are slowing limping out of the factory.

SharpieB and Dangerously like this.
  2. garciajr

garciajr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Just put down a deposit for the Curtiss Cruze Flipper. Looking forward to a new Curtiss knife.

3. JDRanger

JDRanger

Aug 14, 2017
    My collection of $200 and up knives has grown to over 250. I’m going to sell half of them and take some chances on a Medford, Hoback, Strider, Reate, Southern Grind made DPx, and some other knives I’m curious about.

This year I’ll only purchase new knives that are funded by the sale of knives from my existing collection.

I’ll be selling like-new Hinderers, ZT, Olamic, and other respected models so I should have a fun budget to play with.

BD_01 likes this.
  4. Dangerously

Dangerously

Jan 8, 2013
    My god. I’d show up on a Saturday morning with a half dozen coffees for the staff and stay there all day looking.

5. Moander

Moander

Feb 7, 2014
    Knife shopping on New Year's Day has become a tradition for me. So far I've ordered a WE Cirrus and a Spyderhawk Salt. Looking at a couple others, but now my wallet is off somewhere licking it's wounds...

DB_Cruiser likes this.
  6. b00n

b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    My most awaited is gonna be the Kizer Gigatherium. A Megatherium in larger size? Yes please. Let's hope Elijah gets it done quick and Kizer releases it in a timely manner!

7. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    I had my eye on the Gigatherium, Looks like a real slicer and I'm growing pretty fond of the wharncliffe blades lately. How much bigger is the Mega?

8. b00n

b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    The Minitherium is the smallest at 3" blade, the Megatherium is the larger one with a 3.6" blade, the Gigatherium is the one in the works, he hasn't named specs but I am assume between 4.2 and 4.5" for the blade realistically. He hinted that it will be huge, but I can't see Kizer making anything over 4.6" for a folder.

9. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    It is a great blade, Jill. Really knocked my socks off anyway.

As for me, I am definitely in for the DLT Manix 2 in 20CV. I wouldn't mind picking up a Benchmade Anthem and a ZT 920. I'm sure many others will pop up throughout the year. Maybe something new from Cold Steel?

I just got a White River Backpacker Pro that has me wanting to EDC a fixed blade for awhile.

10. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Awaiting the red Manix 2 to be released!

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  11. Psy223

Psy223

Dec 17, 2018
    A bugout and/or a keen.
    And at some point a traditional of some sort.

12. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    My 2019 roadmap :

I got a Hinderer Maximus that did not make it for 2018 on the way :D
    A Randall Model 1 is coming in later this month, 5 or 6 years after order was made. This one will probably go straight to exchange as it's not relevant anymore unfortunately.
    Will try to get a Kikuo Matsuda.
    I will order some kind of kukri/machete from a Tibetan maker, along with a more conventional one for my girlfriend.
    I'll try to snatch a ZT 0462 and 0640 in prod knives.
    Waiting to see if the Paysan lives up to the hype and why not?
    Will dig deeper into traditional frenchy slippies.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    wickettedge and lex2006 like this.
  13. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    A 6-7" fixed in D2 preferably.

Charlie Mike likes this.
  14. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    If you don't mind chisel ground, I do D2 nicely.

15. morvlorv

morvlorv Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    I want to try and not purchase any folders all year and only get fixed blades.
    I have enough new folders and after my thorburn, ive reached my personal folder pinnacle.
    So bring on the fixed blades, i need more than the 4 i have now, lol

16. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Take a look at a Demko AD15.

Wolverine666 and Charlie Mike like this.
  17. rabbivj

rabbivj Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2007
    i might look at the amalgam...

18. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I'll probably get one of those too. Thinking about a large Inkozi with black Micarta inlays this year too.
    Not that I need either of them.

19. greentrout

greentrout

Apr 20, 2016
    I am on the list for a new JK Handmade Knives Basik in 1/8" O1 next month. Could see myself ordering another from him by year end.

I have been fighting going down the Fiddleback Forge road for a while, this year may be the year if money frees up. And I am sure there will be at least one more slip joint purchased.

20. wickettedge

wickettedge Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Really hoping 2019 is the year that the spyderco paysan drops. Also would love a H&M’s hawk deadlock.

And otherwise in 2019 I’ll be watching the exchange for a BHQ native m4...