Knives For 2019?

Just put down a deposit for the Curtiss Cruze Flipper. Looking forward to a new Curtiss knife.

My collection of $200 and up knives has grown to over 250. I’m going to sell half of them and take some chances on a Medford, Hoback, Strider, Reate, Southern Grind made DPx, and some other knives I’m curious about.

This year I’ll only purchase new knives that are funded by the sale of knives from my existing collection.

I’ll be selling like-new Hinderers, ZT, Olamic, and other respected models so I should have a fun budget to play with.

Knife shopping on New Year's Day has become a tradition for me. So far I've ordered a WE Cirrus and a Spyderhawk Salt. Looking at a couple others, but now my wallet is off somewhere licking it's wounds...

My most awaited is gonna be the Kizer Gigatherium. A Megatherium in larger size? Yes please. Let's hope Elijah gets it done quick and Kizer releases it in a timely manner!

My most awaited is gonna be the Kizer Gigatherium. A Megatherium in larger size? Yes please. Let's hope Elijah gets it done quick and Kizer releases it in a timely manner!
I had my eye on the Gigatherium, Looks like a real slicer and I'm growing pretty fond of the wharncliffe blades lately. How much bigger is the Mega?

I had my eye on the Gigatherium, Looks like a real slicer and I'm growing pretty fond of the wharncliffe blades lately. How much bigger is the Mega?

The Minitherium is the smallest at 3" blade, the Megatherium is the larger one with a 3.6" blade, the Gigatherium is the one in the works, he hasn't named specs but I am assume between 4.2 and 4.5" for the blade realistically. He hinted that it will be huge, but I can't see Kizer making anything over 4.6" for a folder.

Got a Spyderco Amalgam on the way.
It is a great blade, Jill. Really knocked my socks off anyway.

As for me, I am definitely in for the DLT Manix 2 in 20CV. I wouldn't mind picking up a Benchmade Anthem and a ZT 920. I'm sure many others will pop up throughout the year. Maybe something new from Cold Steel?

I just got a White River Backpacker Pro that has me wanting to EDC a fixed blade for awhile.

My 2019 roadmap :

I got a Hinderer Maximus that did not make it for 2018 on the way :D
A Randall Model 1 is coming in later this month, 5 or 6 years after order was made. This one will probably go straight to exchange as it's not relevant anymore unfortunately.
Will try to get a Kikuo Matsuda.
I will order some kind of kukri/machete from a Tibetan maker, along with a more conventional one for my girlfriend.
I'll try to snatch a ZT 0462 and 0640 in prod knives.
Waiting to see if the Paysan lives up to the hype and why not?
Will dig deeper into traditional frenchy slippies.

Last edited:
I want to try and not purchase any folders all year and only get fixed blades.
I have enough new folders and after my thorburn, ive reached my personal folder pinnacle.
So bring on the fixed blades, i need more than the 4 i have now, lol

I am on the list for a new JK Handmade Knives Basik in 1/8" O1 next month. Could see myself ordering another from him by year end.

I have been fighting going down the Fiddleback Forge road for a while, this year may be the year if money frees up. And I am sure there will be at least one more slip joint purchased.

Really hoping 2019 is the year that the spyderco paysan drops. Also would love a H&M’s hawk deadlock.

And otherwise in 2019 I’ll be watching the exchange for a BHQ native m4...

Back