Knives For 2019?

I slowed my buying to a trickle over the course of 2018 and intend to just enjoy what I have for the foreseeable future. That is, aside from a couple customs that I've been on the list for for several years and have lost complete interest in :rolleyes:

I slowed my buying to a trickle over the course of 2018 and intend to just enjoy what I have for the foreseeable future. That is, aside from a couple customs that I've been on the list for for several years and have lost complete interest in :rolleyes:
A couple years? I'd probably just cancel them at this point.

Bought one yesterday and about to pull trigger on 2nd today. Gonna be expensive year I fear.

This will be a light year for me in terms of knife buying. I like what I have and when I buy a knife it will have to displace an existing knife for the most part. I've just about reached a self-imposed limit on collection size. I'm actually sort of relieved that I'll be able to pass up most new knives.
The brands I'm interested in are Spyderco, Cold Steel, Reate and WE.

Happy New Year!

I know of two knives I’ll be getting in 2019 because they were bought and paid for in 2018 and I’ve been w-a-i-t-i-n-g!!!

I’ve got an Eric Ochs Orca and a Delica Super Gold inbound in the next month or two.

Beyond that, I have no idea what impulses I’ll give in to. I know I plan to be more selective going forward and maybe bite the bullet on a full custom project.
Looking forward to the Orca myself!

Not a bad year here, already. Sunday night, I ordered a Copper and Clad Buck 110 with oak scales and a 5160 blade. Got here today. Sweet! I mean, it looks just like every OTHER Buck 110, until you look close. Going for the matching 101 fixed blade next. After that, hopefully, a White River/Jerry Fisk Sendero Classic. And after that....

I had to get used to the weaker detent in the Amalgam, but the more I've flipped it the better it feels......and carries way better than expected. Enjoy!

Got another one coming for the first in 2019, hopefully I will be able to put a pause on buying a lot this year and enjoy what I got, and maybe thin the herd.

I also have reached capacity in my mind and have been thinning out to offset new purchases in an attempt to scale back. (3 large spyderpacs full and probably enough for a 4th in my drawer). Problem is theres so many great knives out there!

(I just got a notice from Northern Arms that my place on their wait list for a Skaha II is 17 months out. LOL.) That is insane ! im speechless on this one.....

Back