Knives for employees

Spyderco Para 3. Go with the good stuff. 7 x $120 = $840. Have the business write it off.

LM Crater (2.6" blade). I only have the multitool version (which I LOVE!!!), but the stand alone knife is less expensive, very lightweight (2.36 oz), and they can even use the caribiner too attach it if they want. You should be able to find them for under $20 each.
26-c33.png

I also own the multitool version, and also love it. I was amazed at the low weight, how nice (easy to sharpen, scary sharp) the steel was and the different carrying methods.

20170127_094657_zpsz7fyvavh.jpg

It was so smooth, carry friendly and nicely built for the $ it was hard to believe it wasn't made by one of the major knife-only companies

20170120_150808_zpsea0yqyf4.jpg

Your criteria are easy to meet, but harder when I think about the practicality of you sharpening 7 knives every few days. These are going to be real working knives, not apple cutters. Crappy steel will lose it's edge surprisingly quickly. I think better steel would be helpful to you and to the employees.

Based on price I lean toward Buck. They have affordable folders made in the U.S. and tend to have better edge retention on their low end steel. Many Buck Bantam options in your price range. Byrd Starling has better steel than most other Byrd knives (BD1) and is $26. It's small - 1.9" blade.

Others have mentioned the ESEE Zancudo and Ontario Rat 2. Both seem like worthy upgrades. Two other options to consider:
  • LA Police Gear knife with S35 steel - huge improvement over other steels - $35
  • Byrd Crow with BD1 steel for $45 (I get that this is almost 2x your budget.)

LOL. Clearly wasn't paying attention to the thread or how I got to it. Apologies for the noise.

I know I'm very late to the party but I highly recommend Byrd Knives!! I used a byrd meadowlark serrated on boxes for a very long time. They are Spyderco made in China. Best value or bang for your buck in my opinion.

Kershaw Injection 3.0
It's only ten bucks and it's one of kershaw's rare unassisted budget knives

Back