Knives I would like Cold Steel to Make

A better quality Canadian Belt knife with a wood handle and leather sheath. I would also like to see them make a nice quality nessmuk knife with traditional handle and sheath.

I would like to see ALL of their knives offered with stone washed, or satin blades. I hate coated blades.

+100 - I'm okay with DLC coating, if Cold Steel does it for the whole knife. Hates the teflon coating chipping off from the lockbar and the clip. Uncoated knives would be nice too, i feel like this will help increase CS popularity.

A true folding Bowie with at least a 4 inch blade. Kind of like a 4 inch Bush Ranger with a broader blade. A true Bowie blade like an ADV Badlands Bowie, but with Cold Steel's superior build.

Cold Steel has so many fantastic fixed blade Bowie's, it seems like a logical progression. A 4 to 5 inch folding Bowie with a Triad, S35VN, and G10 handles would be great for everything from bushcraft to self defense.

Last edited:
A Kris style blade on the Drop Forged Bowie or boot knife handle.

A Drop Forged subhilt or Chute style design.

A sprint run of the Urban Shiv and Bush Ranger fixed blades.

A nice wood and blued steel Smatchet. I like the historical stuff Cold Steel subcontracts to Windlass, and a nice Smatchet that bridges the gap between the cheap models and antiques would be nice.

A true folding Bowie with at least a 4 inch blade. Kind of like a 4 inch Bush Ranger with a broader blade. A true Bowie blade like an ADV Badlands Bowie, but with Cold Steel's superior build.

Cold Steel has so many fantastic fixed blade Bowie's, it seems like a logical progression. A 4 to 5 inch folding Bowie with a Triad, S35VN, and G10 handles would be great for everything from bushcraft to self defense.
5.5" Espada!

Something along those lines, with a very grippy handle and with a sturdy blade made from a tougher steel than S30V.
And the triad lock indeed seems ideal for this application.

Back