Lady's Running Knife (looking for suggestions)

K.B. Knifeworks

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey all,
Looking for a suggestion for a lady's runners knife. My wife and I both run a lot on very rural roads and are often 5-7+ miles from home and she would like to have something for a worst case scenario (emergency self defense only). A local story from awhile back got her a bit worried and she wants to have an option beyond just a cell phone for when she runs alone.

Ideally looking for suggestions for a thin/light, brightly colored (lady's colors), stainless, onehanded opening knife with a strong clip. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

She and I currently carry a tiny vic classic running (mostly for thorn removal) but not much self defense use there......lol.

Cold steel Urban Pal or some other push dagger...
Or Esee Izula

You don't want a folder for self defense (unless it has to be a folder because of the law)

The Spyderco Squeak is available in pink, and I liked it when I had one around. It's a quite stiff slipjoint, one hand opener.
Similar to a Vic Classic in how it locks, but much more secure. Definitely not going to close on your fingers.

I would suggest your wife take some basic training in self defense. Including weapons training with mace and knife. An untrained person risks having their weapon taken off them and used against them.
She is GTG on the basic self defense end but her Glock or mace are just too bulky to run distance with for her. And honestly option one is to do more running into the nearest corn field if she felt threatened (but if all else fails a sharp pointy thing helps)......lol

It’s just the regular Dragonfly with H1. She used to run with a Derringer in a pouch, but says she didn’t like the weight of it.
Very cool. My wife has a DFly too. I’m always amazed at how capable such a small, lightweight knife it is.

I’d imagine running with a .380 would suck.
Agreed. It's more about what someone will want to carry, not what they can. If something is too inconvenient to carry for someone, after a while they'll just not carry it.

Back