Lady's Running Knife (looking for suggestions)

Extremely underrated comment. Tasman is a great suggestion!
This knife looks good for the intended use. Too bad it does not come in purple/pink/lady's colors. This honestly would be a good market for some makers to start to explore and get creative if they have not already.

Knives are a bad option for self-defense for most people, in most situations. I would consider non-lethal options, such as mace, tasers, high-intensity flashlights, or kubotans first. Consider that an assailant might disarm her and use a weapon against her. Consider that if she succeeds in cutting Or stabbing an attacker, she will likely end up in court and possibly jail.

If she is willing to put in the time necessary to use a knife effectively in a true self-defense situation, that time would probably be better spent learning unarmed self-defense techniques.

That being said, spyderco offers a lot of “self-defense” oriented blades, such as: the civilian, matriarch, and yojimbo.

Para 3 LW maybe? I don’t know how much heavier than any other suggestion it would be. I’m also not sure if it’d be too big for her to run with comfortably. But it popped in my head as a decent contender.

Spyderco Salt in serrated edge.

I carry a LadyBug in the pocket at its so light it doesn’t bang against the leg hard enough to cause discomfort.

It has never corroded after years of running. It’s a bit small for self defense, so the Tasman would be a better choice.

Emerson La Griffe. I ran a half marathon with this knife clipped inside my running shorts. I didn't have anything else with me, just my sunglasses, running shorts, and that knife. Only gripe is that honestly, the coating sucks, and after it wears off, I get rust issues. Only knife I have where that's a problem.

If you can find a decent Hideaway Knife, these are also great running knives. Spyderco ARK might also be good, less retention than a La Griffe or HAK, but also no rust because H1.

Obviously y’all don’t run. Lol. Even a T-shirt gets heavy after 10 miles of running. Just google bloody nipples. It’s a thing. Lol

Right? The only thing funnier is the gun mag reviews on 'active wear' holsters, where the author is all "Took a walk through the woods down to my mailbox with the dog using this holster, and it was very comfortable, highly recommend for runners and bikers!"

Yeah, OK, that's great for your half-mile walk down to the mailbox in cargo shorts and Crocs, but on mile 12 at a 7:30 pace it feels a bit different...

Right? The only thing funnier is the gun mag reviews on 'active wear' holsters, where the author is all "Took a walk through the woods down to my mailbox with the dog using this holster, and it was very comfortable, highly recommend for runners and bikers!"

Yeah, OK, that's great for your half-mile walk down to the mailbox in cargo shorts and Crocs, but on mile 12 at a 7:30 pace it feels a bit different...

I’m no distance runner, but my wife is training for the Rocket City Marathon in December. She runs 25-30 miles a week and a lot of that is in the wee hours of the morning. Hell, if you want to run with a pistol, that’s on you. Don’t complain about the bloody hip afterwards. Lol

The Emerson La Griffe is a good suggestion, but it is heavy and can rust/corrode. A similar, and better knife is the Fred Perrin La Griffe 1.75" G-10. Light as a feather, no rust issues, and costs less than $35.

Back