Lady's Running Knife (looking for suggestions)

I thought I saw a jogging bra holster for those tiny NAAs a while back, maybe look for one of those. My biggest worry is no matter what she'd be carrying, if she's listening to music they could come up behind her- at which point a weapon may be the last thing she'd want on her person.

I run pretty good distances with a bugout clipped to my shorts. Super light, great clip, unobtrusive, never been a problem. I’ve also run with a .380 (lcp 2) in a running belt, but wouldn’t really consider that for anything over 3 or 4 miles. No way that thing is bouncing around on my waist for 15 miles. Having said that, I’ve had a few runs were I was REALLY glad to have the little lcp on me (although I’ve never truly needed it).

I saw that the OP already made a choice (same thing I went with btw:thumbsup:) but figured I’d chime in anyway...:D

Here in sunny South Texas the less one has to lug around the better.

I’m no long distance runner but a Salt 2 clipped into my Buddy Pouch (which also holds my ID, keys, and a credit card - other than that my LTE Apple Watch and Powerbeats Pro are the only other things along for the ride) goes almost unnoticed during my 2-3 mile runs.

CB47F58D-974B-4320-9859-C6BBA80CBA9B.jpeg 5916AE77-4C91-4F94-BF05-A87E34B38D93.jpeg

While it may not be the absolute fastest option when it comes to drawing/getting it into action it is secure, doesn’t rub or flop around and, hey, it’s better than nothing.

Speaking of better than nothing - I’ve tried carrying a KelTec P32 while running and even managing that sucked. I can’t imagine trying to make something larger and heavier work.

Last edited:
Hey all,
Looking for a suggestion for a lady's runners knife. My wife and I both run a lot on very rural roads and are often 5-7+ miles from home and she would like to have something for a worst case scenario (emergency self defense only). A local story from awhile back got her a bit worried and she wants to have an option beyond just a cell phone for when she runs alone.

Ideally looking for suggestions for a thin/light, brightly colored (lady's colors), stainless, onehanded opening knife with a strong clip. Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Hey all,
Looking for a suggestion for a lady's runners knife. My wife and I both run a lot on very rural roads and are often 5-7+ miles from home and she would like to have something for a worst case scenario (emergency self defense only). A local story from awhile back got her a bit worried and she wants to have an option beyond just a cell phone for when she runs alone.

Ideally looking for suggestions for a thin/light, brightly colored (lady's colors), stainless, onehanded opening knife with a strong clip. Thanks for any and all suggestions.
A Michael Janice modified Spyderco Delica

How about this.

P1020299-XL.jpg

Oh sorry, that's not a knife. I would not send my wife out with a knife for SD. Using a knife is not as simple as thrust and slash.
Lets be honest - if you see someone distance running with this gun NO ONE is going to mess with that person......lol.

Lets be honest - if you see someone distance running with this gun NO ONE is going to mess with that person......lol.
Nothing would get your heart rate up like a “run and shoot” toting a mean scattergun lol

A couple of years ago a friend of mine would carry a Leek clipped to her waistband on our 3.5 mile runs ramping up to half marathon, but not sure if she carried it for longer runs. I've tried to find something that works for me, but I don't like to carry anything with me and a knife on the waistband is not comfortable.

back pocket knife? "wave"? these don't sound like good ideas when you think about running shorts or tights.

Obviously y’all don’t run. Lol. Even a T-shirt gets heavy after 10 miles of running. Just google bloody nipples. It’s a thing. Lol
This is spot on, it happened to me running a half marathon in Iraq. It was so painful. The big problem would be keeping it still in running attire.

If I were thinking gun, (small and light as possible), I would take a look at a 22LR NA mini revolver. Still a little chunky in the pocket. I would have a small holster for running so it doesn't bounce around. Lots of good knife choices. I lean toward a Spydie of some sort.

Abusive encounters will be up close and personal.

-I like the O.P.'s choice...
Spyderco, Hawkbill, and H1 Steel :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: B.T.B.:cool:

brightly colored (lady's colors
She could always go Black, (oops, is that politically correct?!:confused:, but customize it with a 'colorful' Lanyard of choice.
craytab craytab :
"The tasman might seem like a good idea but the hawkbill really limits you to draw and slashing cuts."
*This is Not True, to the potential 'stabbing' ability of not only the Tasman, but other Hawkbills & Karambits
"If color is a must, the delica is a nice option."
Agreed...

Yep - that's plan #1. Run fast and hard into the nearest corn field.
Yeah......That's Great until you run into the 'Children of the Corn' !!!!!!

I'd go with pepper spray and a kubaton.
-Agreed, along with the preference of a smaller fixed than a folder.
* And the mention of someone for a 'Slipjoint'
=Bad idea!!
QUOTE="DangerZone98, post: 19871646, member: 528343"]LOT of law-abiding decent people will hesitate before using a knife on another human being. Criminals will not. However, most folks shouldn’t have any problems spraying some thug in the face.
^^^^
-This is quite True, but a 'back-up' to this needs to be 'in place' as well.

*I most definitely agree with the self defense training, to go along with any defensive weapon of choice.
B.T.B. :cool:

craytab craytab :
"The tasman might seem like a good idea but the hawkbill really limits you to draw and slashing cuts."
*This is Not True, to the potential 'stabbing' ability of not only the Tasman, but other Hawkbills & Karambits
Care to explain? Without special training or knowledge, a standard knife is by far easier to stab with. And with a Serrated H1 blade, slashing is still very much an option. Remember, we are likely talking about a novice knife fighter. Stabbing and thrusting are very natural.

generally, if you just rapid fire thrust like crazy as fast as you can, its very hard for the other guy to block I bet

Grab, yank & shank and repeat as necessary - lifetime of Ninja training not required. People have been using sharp objects to defend themselves since, well, forever.

Grab, yank & shank and repeat as necessary - lifetime of Ninja training not required. People have been using sharp objects to defend themselves since, well, forever.
Hard to shank with a hawkbill though, no?

Back