LB7 Bear Paw LB Survey

Pics of serial no. J594 & serial no. N21429 from ebay; I'm testing out my new imgur account.

8IP6eLa.jpg

qfpjxbR.jpg

~Chris

Last edited:
This is my first post. I found this forum because I picked up a used Schrade LB7, serial # 410348. I have read some threads here, and I think it's a 1978 knife.

This is my first post. I found this forum because I picked up a used Schrade LB7, serial # 410348. I have read some threads here, and I think it's a 1978 knife.

Welcome to this forum. Schrades are a good thing. Hutchinson, Mn? I had a good talk with a shirt tail cousin there a few years back. He had the best. burr. oak. tree. ever. in his next-door neighbor's yard.

Welcome to this forum. Schrades are a good thing. Hutchinson, Mn? I had a good talk with a shirt tail cousin there a few years back. He had the best. burr. oak. tree. ever. in his next-door neighbor's yard.

Thanks for the welcome. Hutch' is 30 miles west of me, but I used to shoot sporting clays at two different clubs out that way.
I live in the town where Tonka Toys were made, many years ago.

Yeah, WELCOME to the Addiction, um, I meant Forum! :D

You got it right the first time, but I'm in the twelve step program.
1. buy knives.
2. buy collectible knives.

That's as far as I've gotten, but I think #12 is either bankruptcy or divorce.

You got it right the first time, but I'm in the twelve step program.
1. buy knives.
2. buy collectible knives.

That's as far as I've gotten, but I think #12 is either bankruptcy or divorce.
Hahahaha! I think we're all with you there. Can we just call this the support group? ;)

Welcome Old Plummer. Was up in your neck of the woods over Labor Day weekend in St. Bonifacious watching my daughter compete in a cross country race at the local college. Had a great meal at the meat market at the four corners there. Beautiful country. Drove right thru Mound and Lake Minnetonka.

New to the forum- looked up my knife and found this site. Anyone have details about my model?

Serial-AZ6254
4 pin knife

If you read from the beginning of this thread you'll gather quite abit of info.

welcome aboard.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Codger_64

Here is how the serial numbers shake out so far. Ready? Drop your dimes in the can to your right.

1977 - Serials #0001 - #17693
1978 - Serials #17694 - #334585
1979 - Serials #334586 - #785250
1980 - Serials #785251 - #999,999, #A00001 - #A99999, #B00001 - #B18423
1981 - Serials #B18424 - #B99999, #C00001 - #C81575

I'll add more after I count my dimes.:D

Michael

Last edited:
Schrade + on top line
U.S.A. (large space) 7OT second line
3 pins, no serial number, two piece back spacer, no box.
I bought the knife sometime in the 90's

Also have a 6OT I bought around the same time.
Single pin plus brass lined lanyard hole
Schrade + top line
U.S.A. 6-OT second line
No serial number, two piece back spacer, no box.

I bought both new, but I did not keep the boxes and do not remember what box they came in. I bought them as users, not safe queens. As Maxwell Smart used to say ..."Sorry about that ..."

both are really good knives i have the carbon version of the 7OT in both 4 pin and 3 pin style then also have one like yours a Stainless one, 3 pins. The 6OT is a good knife also. unfortunately both are no LB7 which is what this thread was about. also my favorite knife and my EDC is a 4 pin un-serialized one.

both are really good knives i have the carbon version of the 7OT in both 4 pin and 3 pin style then also have one like yours a Stainless one, 3 pins. The 6OT is a good knife also. unfortunately both are no LB7 which is what this thread was about. also my favorite knife and my EDC is a 4 pin un-serialized one.
Isn't the 7OT a variant of the LB7?

I purchased the below LB7 new in 1980

Serial #C13539*
4 pin
SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB7

*could possibly be 013539. If they did not use a 0 for the first of the 6-digit serial number in 1977, it is definitely C13539

Last edited:
Back