Leatherman Charge TTi vs. SwissTool Spirit vs. Swisstool CS Plus

I think you just might be, znap! I dunno, can't say I've never used the awl but rarely. Very rarely.

Surely, I'm not the odd guy for whom the awl is an essential tool?

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I used one on any of my knives or multitools...

I use an awl , not everyday or anything but enough to make me want to EDC one .

Dunc

I use an awl , not everyday or anything but enough to make me want to EDC one .

Dunc

I use mine awl the time; for starting screw holes in wood, poking air holes in mason jar tops for bug or bait collection, holing plastic and metal can bottoms for plant water drainage, scraping out mung from narrow creases or boot lugs, shortening or lengthening belt (depending on what direction things are headed), setting recessed buttoms in some electronic gear (my car clock, for example), scraping out accumulated corruption in pipe openings or similar, anything that needs poked by something not a knife blade.

That's awl that comes to mind right now, but considering it gets a fair amount of use, I want it, awl. :D

I think you just might be, znap! I dunno, can't say I've never used the awl but rarely. Very rarely.

I use the awl more than any other tool. The awl, imo is required on a multitool.

#1 TOOL IN THE WHOLE WORLD: Victorinox SwissTool. What more could one want?
#2 TOOL IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD: LEATHERMAN PST. The PST was right from the start. The PST is not as cool or sophisticated as some of the newer tools, but it gets the job done. A PST with locking blades would be world class.

I really agree. I had leatherman multitools in the past (and still have them somewhere !) and the only advantage they have over the Spirit I own is the smaller needlenose pliers period. All the tools of the Spirit are better conceived and very usefull. Even if the pliers of the Spirit are a little bit bigger, they are very useful. Further more the spirit is stronger, more well crafted, more convenient and more confortable in my opinion than Leatherman.

leatherman all the way vic suks big cock.... the vic has one strong point stain resistant everything else is bad, plers, cutters, knives, screwdrivers file all sucks. get the tti you will not be dissatisfied

An infraction has been issued.
attachment.php

Dunc how may knives do you own and what do you do for a living besides critisize people and say how people are inapropriate on a computer like you need a life...

what do you do for a living besides critisize people and say how people are inapropriate on a computer like you need a life...

If you bothered to read my post you would know what I do , please dont turn this into a slagging match .

Dunc

So for those here with the Swisstool CS Plus whats the deal with the corkscrew? Once attached does it fold out/fold in like a corkscrew on a regular SAK or the leatherman Juice xe6? Once its attached can it be left attached and just folded in like a regular foldout tool? Or is it just carried loose in the pouch then screwed in when needed and stowed when not needed? I really want the Swisstool CS plus but the corkscrew question is a dealbreaker for me.

So for those here with the Swisstool CS Plus whats the deal with the corkscrew? Once attached does it fold out/fold in like a corkscrew on a regular SAK or the leatherman Juice xe6? Once its attached can it be left attached and just folded in like a regular foldout tool? Or is it just carried loose in the pouch then screwed in when needed and stowed when not needed? I really want the Swisstool CS plus but the corkscrew question is a dealbreaker for me.

I've answered your question in the other thread you've started, give it a look. :)

Just to add my 2 cents' worth...

Last year I bought a XTi to take on vacation. I loved the titanium and I thought the build quality was fine. All in all it was a great little multitool.

However, watching the thing corrode over a two week holiday was pretty painful. I couldn't believe how fast that thing rusted. The titanium was fine but the steel tools rusted badly, even in that space of time.

It was probably because prior to that I'd only carried SAKs and wasn't as anal as I could have been about cleaning and drying the thing.

After the first few days though, having watched the thing get spottier and spottier, you can bet I was damn careful, and yet there was still no stopping it.

I've ordered a Victorinox Spirit which is hopefully in the post. I'm looking forward to seeing whether it fares any better.

On another forum someone seemed to come up with the best solution all round though. I'll really miss that one-handed-opening 154cm blade:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

I just picked up a Charge TTi over the weekend. Nice tool, however, the blade lock will not engage on the main blade. It appears that the grind on the back of the blade was never done, which does not allow the liner to engage. I bought it at a store, now I have to pay to ship it back to Cabelas, and wait for a replacement. If you get a leatherman, open it up in the parking lot.

Back