Let a SAK do it!

Today I had to repair the end on the garden hose. The old one gave out sending water where it need not be. Bought a new collar and end piece and used the SAK Super Tinker to cut off the old piece and install the new. As Jackknife has reminded us, "A knife is not a screwdriver bonehead!", so out came the flathead to tighten the clamp (collar). What have you done with your SAK lately?

Used the sawblade on my Farmer today to clear a small tree out of the path to my deer food plot. Took about thirty seconds...., but it sure was fun.:D

The last use my Fieldmaster saw was the saw being used to shorten the popoff tube for a water heater.

The last use my mother's Super Tinker saw was the parcel hook being used to open up a can of spam.

I used the large flat head on my custom Pioneer "Policeman" to seize a license plate that belonged to a whole other vehicle on a truck with a stubborn kid who didn't realize I just spared him a class B misdemeanor of displaying false tags. Kid left still thinking I should have given him a break not realizing or understanding I just spared his record and chances of a CCW permit later in life (class B charge and up makes ineligible for police academy and CCW).

The last use my Fieldmaster saw was the saw being used to shorten the popoff tube for a water heater.

The last use my mother's Super Tinker saw was the parcel hook being used to open up a can of spam.

Good to see you Charlie!

Forgive me for never mentioning it, but there really isn't anything a SAK can't do; in fact, there's no traditional multi-blade folder out there that can do what a SAK can do...thank you for allowing me to get this off my chest.:D

Forgive me for never mentioning it, but there really isn't anything a SAK can't do; in fact, there's no traditional multi-blade folder out there that can do what a SAK can do...thank you for allowing me to get this off my chest.:D

It is probably safe to say you can't pick your nose with either one, but I could be wrong. :D

Psst... Hey you. Don't tell anybody, but I have some killer modern folders but my SAKs do the bulk of the work...

Hmm, very dangerous thinking, Al. Did you know that the church wanted to burn Galileo at the stake for heresy, even though he was right?:eek:

:D

Hmm, very dangerous thinking, Al. Did you know that the church wanted to burn Galileo at the stake for heresy, even though he was right?:eek:

Yeah, I'm thinkin' some of the goddesses in another sub-forum are putting together a huge pile of fatwood with my name on it, which, BTW, is a very long name; His Royal Highness The Prince Albert Francis Xavier, Prince of Anadalucia, Earl of Galicia, Duke of La Mancha, Lord of the Islas Canarias, Prince and Great Steward of Spain, Royal Knight Companion of the Royal Order of The Barlow, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the SAK, and Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty:D

Psst... Hey you. Don't tell anybody, but I have some killer modern folders but my SAKs do the bulk of the work...

Lol, this is how I've always been at work. I'll carry the latest and greatest but will use a multi tool / SAK for everything.

Removed a door knob with the flathead of my cadet last week, and with its blade... I opened a vic hiker package and a parcel containing a manix 2 from the trading forum tonight. :D

Pruned my many Bonsai with the scissors on a Huntsman.
Fixed some plumbing, by cutting copper pipe with my Swisstool.
Pruned some unwanted tree branches with my Alox Farmer.
Cut some foam matting for my dogs bed with my OH Trekker.

All in a weekends work.:D

<Shrug>

IMO, SAKs stopped being "traditional" when they moved to snap on scales, dropped the bail and most importantly when they dropped the traditional constraints of tool selection and (correctly) pushed the envelope in terms of modern tool development and selection.

If you want to stay within the traditional SAKs with traditional tool selections, then you're talking about a basic camper pattern knife and lots of traditional competitors to the Victorinox/Wenger that are just as functional.

If you want to open it up to modern tool selection, then no, the SAK template isn't the most versatile. The multi-tool is IMO.

Now, if you want to somehow exclude the multi-tool and say that there is no other knife that is just like the SAK that is better than the SAK, well, I guess that's hard to dispute (since you've excluded the competitors).

I always exclude the competitors, since there is no competition; accept it, embrace it....going through life without a do everything SAK is, well...no life at all.

Well, so long as we're all clear!! ;)

We are; now, go home and throw out that refrigerator full of fake cola, aka RC; and you might do well dumping those lumière dans les chaussures de sport knives with the monkey metal clamping bands.:D

Last edited:
I do kinda see SAKs as different from multitools. One is more knife, the other is more plier..?
But, they're both awesome. SO now what? Which one is better? How do you choose?
Doesn't matter, I have more than one pocket. :D
Leatherman Mirca and a Victorinox Swiss Champ on the key ring.
Surge on the belt. Wenger Ranger in a pocket.
How can you go wrong?

OOOoooppps. I almost forgot to answer the OP. What did my SAK do today....
Since sitting in front the pc my mini-champs' wharncliffe blade to
seperate some string cheese and the can opener on my Ranger to
open a chug hole on my Mug rootbeer.lol.
I just got home from work, I earned a snack.lol.

Last edited:
My son came to me with a sliver stuck in his finger. Ahh...the sliver, nemesis of the Cadet. This is why I carry a Classic SD on my keys. Like Batman and Robin, the Dynamic SAK Duo.

Back