Let a SAK do it!

Used my Swisschamp for a bunch of really tough jobs lol! I used the grey eyeglass repair screwdriver that fits into the corkscrew, to change a few watch straps. Works great as a spring bar tool. Punched a new hole in a leather NATO Band with the reamer/awl, then after working up a appetite sliced up an apple with the main blade. That apple didn't stand a chance.

It's a cold rainy day here, so my better half was doing her daily exercise on the elliptical machine in the family room downstairs. She called down to listen for the squealing squeak that she could her even over her earbuds and music. She pumped away while I crouched with a can of WD-40. I could hear the squeak coming from the front arm pivot, which was covered by a plastic shroud. I used the small SD tip of my Wenger SI to remove the shroud, and expose the forward end of the arm where it pivots. A fe squirts of WD and the screw was back in place holding the cover, courtesy of the Wenger SI. Problem solved.

Now I just have to wait for her to finish so I can crank up some classic rock and take my turn to burn some calories!

I took my new Tinker to a surprise party where I used the philips screwdriver to fix a corkscrew and then the birthday boy borrowed it to install some batteries in one of his new toys.

So, last night I was going to make up a nice stir fry for dinner. A nice red bell pepper, a nice green zucchini, sweet onion, bean sprouts, and shrimp. But first had to put the rice on. I go to open the new 20 pound bag of Basmati rice, and before I can pull the zipper open on the top of the burlap bag, I see a plastic zip tie that keeps the zipper from being able to be pulled open. It's really pulled tight, and no way to get a scissors under it.

I take the awl of my Wenger SI, and slide it under the zip tie, and twist up so the sharpened edge bites into the plastic. It comes off in a wink. I've always kept the edge of the awl honed very sharp, and it does come in handy for a odd job now and then.

The stir fry was great.

Not really work, but I carved a cross before church last night. I have the habit of carving crosses. To pass the time, I'll sit out and carve and notch two pieces of wood, drill a hole with the awl, and drive a stake through the center. My new Pioneer performed perfectly.

Not really work, but I carved a cross before church last night. I have the habit of carving crosses. To pass the time, I'll sit out and carve and notch two pieces of wood, drill a hole with the awl, and drive a stake through the center. My new Pioneer performed perfectly.

I would very much like to see one of the finished products.

It's not pretty, but it was done in 10 minutes in the bed of my truck in a church parking lot. This is just a way that I pass the time, and to reflect on what the cross means.

Ben, that is sooo cool!:thumbup:

Wood peg construction. You know they used to build ships and homes in the ancient times like that?

Ben, that is sooo cool!

Wood peg construction. You know they used to build ships and homes in the ancient times like that?

Thanks. I have made stuff up to the size of kindling crates with pegs before. All done with a Victorinox Hunter and a hatchet. I've done shelters with a cedar shake roof with a stone tipped bow-drill, an axe, and Victorinox Camper. It is incredible the way that green wood contracts onto a seasoned peg when it dries.

It's not pretty, but it was done in 10 minutes in the bed of my truck in a church parking lot. This is just a way that I pass the time, and to reflect on what the cross means.

I really really like that.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I used the Large and the Small cutting blades on my Tinker Swiss Army Knife to cut a very large cardboard box apart so that i could put it in the trash.

Very nice carving project, Ben! :thumbup::thumbup:
I'm always on the look-out for whittling ideas, and that cross is a real inspiration (in more ways than one ;))!

- GT

Used the saw on my Farmer last night in the shop. The kerf of my handsaw wasn't wide enough to accommodate the thickness of the steel in a handle.
The saw blade cleaned out the original cut and made an exact fit!

Back