Let a SAK do it!

For so long I have been stuck on tactical blades that I over looked the amazing utility of a tinker. I bought one about 6 months ago and am never without it now. I just ordered a set of g10 scales for it from cuscadi, it compliments my zt 560 so well. I used it yesterday to slice an Apple up at work

For so long I have been stuck on tactical blades that I over looked the amazing utility of a tinker. I bought one about 6 months ago and am never without it now. I just ordered a set of g10 scales for it from cuscadi, it compliments my zt 560 so well. I used it yesterday to slice an Apple up at work

I am unaware of cascade and SAK scales. Can you tell me more about it/him?

Painting the basement hallway today and used my Wenger Soldier to remove the outlet cover and the awl to scrape off paint from that the last person that got it on the wood trim:thumbup: Saved my a trip to the Garage;)

Painting the basement hallway today and used my Wenger Soldier to remove the outlet cover and the awl to scrape off paint from that the last person that got it on the wood trim:thumbup: Saved my a trip to the Garage;)

Ouch! That must have hurt? Lol!

I was working on a roof project today and there was a bunch of polycarbonate that needed to be drilled. Did a few very neatly but I messed one up and it had a nasty little wisp of plastic sticking up,SAK came to the rescue and got rid of the plastic that defied job neatness :D VICTORINOX CAMPER MVP :cool:

My razor decided that today was a good day to be to dull to work. Enter the Pioneer. Not the cleanest shave in the world, but better than looking like a hobo!

Not the most glamorous job, but my youngest daughter turned 5 this past week and I employed my Vic ALOX Pioneer in black to free the snow sports Barbie action pack ladies from their packaging. Yeah you laugh but toys these days are packed so insanely that it can be an exercise in frustration opening up a single box to free its contents.

Not the most glamorous job, but my youngest daughter turned 5 this past week and I employed my Vic ALOX Pioneer in black to free the snow sports Barbie action pack ladies from their packaging. Yeah you laugh but toys these days are packed so insanely that it can be an exercise in frustration opening up a single box to free its contents.

+100 :thumbup:

I opened Christmas presents, and I am always tighting loose screws on panic hardware , light switches and such.

He Been using my Spartan lately for:

Opened 7-8 cans yesterday while preparing a meal. Also used the can opener blade to scrape that waxy stuff off of apples before washing them.

Used the large screwdriver/bottle opener blade to help zip open a cardboard box, saving the knife blades for cutting-specific tasks.

Used the large knife blade to slice up tomatoes, apples, broccoli, peel oranges and avocados, prepare jalapeño peppers, and open packages.

Small blade used to open mail and packages.

Cleaned teeth with toothpick. Also used it to pick lint from the lockback notch on some of my Spydercos.

Used tweezers to clean lint from nosepads on glasses.

Used the mini-screwdriver I carry in the corkscrew to tighten my glasses.

Jim

Last edited:
I have been carrying my Wenger Handyman lately. Used it yesterday to sharpen a carpenters pencil to help me complete a small project. My daughter and I used it today to assembly a free standing shelf for the bathroom in her apartment.

Jim

Opened mail, tightened some screws on a wall socket plate, cut up an apple, and trimmed my fingernails. Typical stuff. One weird thing I did was tighten a handle on a pot. It has a philips screw that holds it on and it was coming loose. Oh the quality of today's cookware! Used the Classic for that job.:D

I went over to my Mom's today to give her the new television that my sister and I got her for her birthday. I had to mount the base onto it and my Mom had no idea where her philips screwdriver was so I whip out my new Cadet and open the can opener but it wouldn't fit in recess where the screw went. Luckily I always have an alox Rambler on my car keys and it just barely fit, but it saved the day.

Back