Lets see some Hinderer action

vRzCsMX.jpg

Just picked up the Half Track Wharnie. Thanks Scott at USAMADEBLADE for the super fast shipping. Ordered this on Friday, I got a shipping notification within like 15 minutes, it arrived Sunday. Went with the battle bronze via the live stream recommendation. By the way if you don't tune into his Instagram live streams Thursday nights you are missing out, they are a lot of fun. Excited to try this out, I plan on this one being a user.
w4FI14r.jpg

yI5txSy.jpg

Just picked up the Half Track Wharnie. Thanks Scott at USAMADEBLADE for the super fast shipping. Ordered this on Friday, I got a shipping notification within like 15 minutes, it arrived Sunday. Went with the battle bronze via the live stream recommendation. By the way if you don't tune into his Instagram live streams Thursday nights you are missing out, they are a lot of fun. Excited to try this out, I plan on this one being a user.
w4FI14r.jpg

yI5txSy.jpg
Love the shape of that Half-Track Wharnie. If only they would make a Full-Track like this !

A small note on clip screws: overall, I love my Hinderers, obviously. The one thing I dislike are the Philips clip screws. They feel too large and sharp, stuff gets stuck in them, etc. So I just wanted to share a source for Ti T6 replacements, if you don't want to pay a fortune on ebay:

https://usaknifemaker.com/titanium-screw-2-56-button-head-5-32-thread-length-10pack.html

(no association other than being a happy customer)

They come in different length, 5/32 works well for the normal XMs and Full-Track, for the skinny XM-18 they are a little too long, you need to grind them down or buy shorter ones. 2-56 is a very common size, they work on - say - ZT or Colorado Spydercos as well.

i-cNBT6Bz-X3.jpg

i-sfh3QFV-X3.jpg

Roland.

Last edited:
Thank you, Mako109.
Yes, that is a standard unmodified titanium scale on my 3.5” skinny.
Weight is now 4.95oz.
I love that stonewashed DLC.

Thank you Keyman!

I installed a standard G10 scale on my Skinny and, I'm not positive yet, but I think I like the feel that bit of added thickness better over the skinny scale. Seeing what you've done now inspires me to perhaps forget about waiting for or making a skinny specific scale, and to give a standard CF or Ti scale a go.

Yes that Hinderer stonewashed DLC is sweet. I have it on a regular XM-18 3.5" wharnie.

w4FI14r.jpg

yI5txSy.jpg

Glad you are happy with it and plan to use it. These Wharnie Half Tracks want to be used. Thank you for tuning in to our live show too! For those that have not tuned in we go live on Instagram at 10:00 PM EST every Thursday night. Rick often joins us. Don't pay much attention to the idiot in front of the camera but instead read all the comments. That is where it gets pretty darn funny. Just FYI, it is not a kid friendly show!

w4FI14r.jpg

yI5txSy.jpg
Waiting to see how the full Ti’s will look like

i have a full Ti battle bronze Spanto and it is awesome!
zw0Ww8N.jpg

Back