Lets see some Hinderer action

Do you know what have been the variations of fattys produced?

i have seen an harpoon tanto and wharncliffe flippers

This little bugger came in today.

b33b436f_6d24_444b_8616_963791ff56f2_84791bcb712c10ae78d8cbe1d773c72619220841.jpeg

Working finish, battle bronze. Love it!
80-77cf1899_de30_4171_8487_eae7c976b972_e73bfab96b283f6e7fc0f5ece44979ea57ad5fa4.jpeg

80-469813d3_bede_4bf9_8c1d_c780f0c460a4_fd55b490d043aad817e5ce1292c46867258a0a98.jpeg

Sold the bronze/G10 Hinderer half-track for this new full Ti/DLC Hinderer half-track

Do you know what have been the variations of fattys produced?

i have seen an harpoon tanto and wharncliffe flippers

Seen Fatty Slicers too.

Edit (01/24): Just now, somebody is selling a Fatty Spear-point on FB.

Last edited:
Stop? Yeah....right..... :)

Do you have an opinion on the 3" Eklipse yet? I would really like to see it in a different grind but I can work w/the spanto, really leaning toward this as my next Hinderer. I like the half track Wharnie quite a lot and personally I think I would prefer a standard 3" XM-18 vs the skinny that I have, almost too skinny for a Hinderer IMO. I prefer my std 3.5" XM's over my skinny in the hand but I do like how the skinny 3.5 carries. To tell the truth when I need to carry a larger knife I like the std sizes better, I don't need to carry a large knife that often though so options are good.

I am quite intrigued by the 3" Eklipse and would like to hear your initial impression.

Mistman68,

My favorite of the 3 above is the halftrack wharnie because it's such an awesome design albeit quite small in hand for flipping. the XM-18 is more of a challenge to deliberately open since it's a non flipper but that's exactly why I bought it.

The 3" eklipse is a very good size in the pocket and the hand sitting right between the other two. Very smooth and easy to flip open via flipper or the thumb studs. I wanted a harpoon style because I "had" a blue ZT0393 but my wife commandeered it after she started playing with it and figured out that she actually enjoyed the action...it now lives in her purse. :D

I actually only picked up the eklipse because I had it in my cart on ebay for several weeks now and the seller actually offered it to me for a lesser price w/o solicitation on my part. I then countered his already-discounted price and ended up getting it for about $50 off of the retail price which I didn't want to pass up.
cheers2.gif

I'm sure liking my 1/2 track Wharnie also. The detent was a bit strong when I got it, I took enough tension off the lock-bar that I could finger flick it w/the fuller but the lock-up suffered. It's set now where it flies open smoothly and just about drops shut with the original lock-up. I can't open it with the fuller anymore but it wasn't that easy anyway, just a little too small for that for me.

Any deal on a Hinderer is hard to pass on! I just picked up a Socom Elite manual today so am going to have to hold off on the Hinderer til next month but still think it'll be one of those 3" Eklipse's. Although the EO Lynx is pretty tempting ....... :)

I love that Micarta scale! It looks more OD Green/Black Micarta.. maybe my eyes deceive me but I love it either way.

I really want a Denim/Linen Maroon Micarta scale and a Burlap Micarta scale for a skinny
Thanks, it does have a green hue in that pic. It kind of looks green sometimes, other times brown, depending on the lighting. But it turns black when oils/stuff starts getting in there. Pretty happy with it. I would be alright if all my knives were micarta personally. Love the stuff.

Back