Lets see some Hinderer action

Thanks, it does have a green hue in that pic. It kind of looks green sometimes, other times brown, depending on the lighting. But it turns black when oils/stuff starts getting in there. Pretty happy with it. I would be alright if all my knives were micarta personally. Love the stuff.

I hear ya, I have gotten rid of all my carbon fiber and replaced it all with Micarta. There is nothing quite like a Micarta knife!

Last edited:
myhOleR.jpg

This scale looks amazing, are these still available to purchase?

Pretty sure Black Linen Micarta. His description does not always say. You can contact him on IG and he will make you one.

My first Hinderer! Just in today, and it doesn't disappoint. Looks cool, comfy in the hand, great action, and no lock stick problems. My only very minor nit-pick aesthetically is that the scale screws seem a bit shiny in comparison to the rest of the finish and stand out to my (admittedly crazy) eye. I might scuff them up a bit with some tumbling media. I even had the idea of flaming them bronze over my gas stove (is that a thing?), but I'm not sure if that's a good idea because it make make them soft and prone to damage (any insight appreciated). Anyhow, as I said that is not really a problem, and overall I am thrilled with the knife :).

mPVmXpB.jpg

N3YZnJT.jpg

My first Hinderer! Just in today, and it doesn't disappoint. Looks cool, comfy in the hand, great action, and no lock stick problems. My only very minor nit-pick aesthetically is that the scale screws seem a bit shiny in comparison to the rest of the finish and stand out to my (admittedly crazy) eye. I might scuff them up a bit with some tumbling media. I even had the idea of flaming them bronze over my gas stove (is that a thing?), but I'm not sure if that's a good idea because it make make them soft and prone to damage (any insight appreciated). Anyhow, as I said that is not really a problem, and overall I am thrilled with the knife :).

mPVmXpB.jpg

N3YZnJT.jpg

Hinderers usually have hardware options available, not sure about the half track because I don't own one but I am sure if you search you can find something on DLT trading or USAmade blade.

Rea

mPVmXpB.jpg

N3YZnJT.jpg
Really cool color combo!

Got my textured cf scale in today from Whitty. I'm trying to fight off this Hinderer sickness right now. I want to customize all my production knives the way I want them, but I keep wanting to buy more Hinderers'. That two tone wharnie half track is hard to ignore.
View attachment 1275144 View attachment 1275146 View attachment 1275147

Really cool color combo!

Many thanks! I had my eye on this combo for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger before they all dried up. And yes, I too am having trouble fighting off the sickness. I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm posting in this thread again.

Any other Hinderer fans happen to watch the Bladehq Shot Show 2020 vid? At the end when they show what's in their pockets, Rick couldn't show his prototype, because it wasn't ready to be seen yet. But "it's going to huge".

They kinda talked like it is going to be something new to the knife community. Just curious if anybody else caught that, or has any insight to what it might be.

Any other Hinderer fans happen to watch the Bladehq Shot Show 2020 vid? At the end when they show what's in their pockets, Rick couldn't show his prototype, because it wasn't ready to be seen yet. But "it's going to huge".

They kinda talked like it is going to be something new to the knife community. Just curious if anybody else caught that, or has any insight to what it might be.

Maybe a vintage skinny, or a skinny spanto!

Back