Lets see some Hinderer action

Yup, buy factory, less hassle, headaches and hey its a hinderer part to boot! Its like plug and play. If something goes wrong, you are still covered by the warranty but its not if it’s aftermarket unless you know what you’re doing.

And on the plus side, you got rid of the liner!

Card game tonight.......UNO :p

Yk5PhoFl.jpg

....as in uno thats only movie money right?:p

Last edited:
I've been eyeing ti scales for my Hinderer XM-18 3.5s. So they will perfectly fit, correct? With the liner removed I'd imagine the margin of errors must be kept to a minimal level, if any.

You are in luck - Apparently Rick delivered a bunch of Ti scales to shops recently (most 3.5 scales were gone for quite a while everywhere). Got a SW warthog scale from DLT and a battle blue dog paw scale on RKH directly last week. These were made from unobtanium for the longest time .... Act fast ...

Roland.

I think I am already too late. All the stonewashed versions ano or not appear to be gone. What is left are only working finish ones. Unfortunately all my regular xm-18s are stonewashed. Not sure how the working finished ti scales match them.

Wow thanks for the heads up. I love titanium and I love dogs, so win win. Just purchased one. I'll share pics once I receive it.

BTW, I think Rick might do these scales to order. My scale took ~1 week before shipment, and a clip that I ordered several days later arrived earlier. So be patient ....

Roland.

The dog paws ti scales look great just that they are not something I am quite into. I may just try out a battle blue ti scale to see how it matches the stonewashed lock side (which I can anodize into blue). But really what I have been waiting is some skinny ti scales for xm-18 3.5".

The dog paws ti scales look great just that they are not something I am quite into. I may just try out a battle blue ti scale to see how it matches the stonewashed lock side (which I can anodize into blue). But really what I have been waiting is some skinny ti scales for xm-18 3.5".

Amen brotha!!

This may not be worth a new thread but is it true that Hinderer XM-18s are usually not as sharp as brands like Spyderco and Cold Steel out of factory? I can run my fingers along the belly/tip portions of the edges of the three XM-18s that I recently purchased without worrying about being cut.

My xm-18 was sharp, but not spyderco sharp. I tried to keep it at the factory angle, but it was just too obtuse. I lowered it to 17 degrees per side and it is now much better at cutting things. Slicer grind, btw.

My swedged spear xm-24 was much better out of the box. Haven't had to reprofile it! Maybe a different person sharpened it?

Good upgrade of the clip for 0308. The stock clip is ugly. Never owned a full track but the blade of 0308 is pretty thin behind the edge due to its height.

Back