Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Does anyone know what brand this one might be? All I can make out on the main blade tang is the faint words ‘made in USA’.

vvPSQMM.jpg
I've been doing some research on a Boker USA camp knife I just acquired, yours looks alot like some if the photos I have seen of some Bokers.

Off the top of my head, I'd guess that the knife was made by Camillus for Sears and it was originally marked "Made in USA". Either the "Made in" was buffed off (the knife has been resurfaced) or the stamp wasn't originally clearly marked.

Thanks Supratentorial.

I have another question, I recently picked up a strawberry bone Queen made Robeson (1999) and was surprised by the quality. This photo shows how snug the blades are compared to the Camillus. Look at the way the main blade goes all the way into the tangs of the secondaries. The fit and finish is tremendous.

p9U3AOJ.jpg

XmtJQFF.jpg

My question is was Bill Howard involved in making these strawberry bone Robesons at Queen? They seem at least as well executed as the Black Box Winchesters.

Looks right. Camillus, Schrade and Ulster made knives for Sears. Some were marked "Made in USA". I knew it wasn't Schrade and guessed between Ulster and Camillus. I guessed wrong.

Thanks Supratentorial.

I have another question, I recently picked up a strawberry bone Queen made Robeson (1999) and was surprised by the quality. This photo shows how snug the blades are compared to the Camillus. Look at the way the main blade goes all the way into the tangs of the secondaries. The fit and finish is tremendous.

p9U3AOJ.jpg

XmtJQFF.jpg

My question is was Bill Howard involved in making these strawberry bone Robesons at Queen? They seem at least as well executed as the Black Box Winchesters.
If it was made before 2006, the answer is Most Likely!!

I have new hope that one day we might yet see a scout/camp knife knife our of GEC.
I would so love to see a stainless scout knife out of GEC. That is like number two or three on my all time traditional knife wish list.

Does anyone know what brand this one might be? All I can make out on the main blade tang is the faint words ‘made in USA’.

vvPSQMM.jpg
Hi Camillus
Kev and Jake are bang on- your Knife is an Ulster made Knife 100%.

I am away from home right now so cannot get photos- but I have three of those well executed knives.
All have Made in USA on the Tang.

Off the top of my head, I'd guess that the knife was made by Camillus for Sears and it was originally marked "Made in USA". Either the "Made in" was buffed off (the knife has been resurfaced) or the stamp wasn't originally clearly marked.
It may also be an Imperial/Ulster lash up during the war (Kingston) prior to the development of the Kingston brand. Those knives were stamped "Made in" over "U.S.A." The lash up was to gain more government contracts. If it is, it's a late war knife due to the (then) new can opener. Is there a better pic of the tang stamp?

Last edited:
This is the best I can do. I think I can just make out the ‘IN’ and the ‘D’ in made.

z6DPRQr.jpg

The three Knives I have - one of them has an Ulster etch on the Blade.
I may be mistaken but from my very foggy memory bank USA stamped by itself = Kingston.

MADE IN USA = Sears & Roebuck contract from either Camillus or Ulster.

Ulster made Knives also at times had the Kingston Blade etch - So the grey lines get almost hard to see with the Collaboration between Ulster and Kingston- that it doesn’t matter what Stamp because it’s the same knife anyway- in ever way.

The three Knives I have - one of them has an Ulster etch on the Blade.
I may be mistaken but from my very foggy memory bank USA stamped by itself = Kingston.

MADE IN USA = Sears & Roebuck contract from either Camillus or Ulster.

Ulster made Knives also at times had the Kingston Blade etch - So the grey lines get almost hard to see with the Collaboration between Ulster and Kingston- that it doesn’t matter what Stamp because it’s the same knife anyway- in ever way.
Kingston contract scouts were also stamped Made in U.S.A.

Back