Lets talk GEC!

IMG_2435.jpg

I have been disappointed with GEC lately but I am hopeful they will return to form.

In the meantime, I have been buying a few Queens and Queen-made knives, which has been good.

The one thing that GEC has over other manufacturers is design. GEC just makes the BEST blades. No other manufacturer comes close to their design quality, and many are very poor.

Does anyone know who designs the blades for GEC?

Camillus Camillus Must agree about the blades, notably those with swedges. Their blades are killer if you see my meaning ;) I'm not a huge fan of Clips but GEC has a fine range of them, as for Spears, Sheepfoot and their one Lambfoot (puts all that Wright stuff firmly where it deserves to be, in the shade) really superb. Plus they are very good at pairing them on multi blades, so it would be rewarding to know if there is one designer or an in house team?

Agree 100% on the blades. The big clips in particular are far better looking than other makers.

I dont know, the blades are pretty much schatt and morgan reproductions. Though some s&m blades have odd placement for the nail nick. Ive assumed its just the same designer and not gec ripping off s&m.

There probably isnt exact copies of all the same blades. Surely there would be subtle changes made to each knife to keep us buying more. And keep in mind, what may be subtle to some is nonexistent and to others is a gigantic difference.

Theres more similarities than there are differences
mnwXGXW.jpg

just a picture i lifted off the internet in less than a minute.

Back