Lets talk GEC!

Well that answers my question nicely. Thanks for the insight, guys.

This run is shaping up to be nothing but great looking knives in one of GECs best patterns (imho) - even the acrylic looks really good.

Hmmm.... A search pulled up "Hemlock green jig bone" from 2012. I wonder why they called it green.

570212-HW-hemlock-green1.jpg

Those hemlock 66s are going to turn out dynamite.
I'm really digging that orange bone, and that shield fits the knife just perfect. I'm also liking the north field trim on it. I don't typically gravitate towards all the bells and whistles of the north fields, but everything about this one just works.

At least two of the NF 66 SFO's have satin-finished blades; I wonder if the hemlock green will have satin blades as well, or the usual high-polish?

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished photos of the hemlock. The jig pattern looks like a light peach seed pattern. Hopefully, the polishing doesn't take too much of it away. Love the classic shield. And I'm glad they didn't slant the bolsters on the Northfield 66s.

Last edited:
Can anyone verify if the Tidioute versions of the 35 Churchill will also have long-pulls on the clip blade? Thanks!

"Something's Coming" - Another clue, but I'm confused. But then again that's not to hard to do for me. Any idea's?

"Something's Coming" - Another clue, but I'm confused. But then again that's not to hard to do for me. Any idea's?

Yea Im stomped aswell. I just want to know what the carvings on the two trees say. One looks to say NRJ DT. IDK weird. Lol

I'm confused too. The top picture has two trees with graffiti and a black plastic trash bag on the ground. The bottom picture looks like an angry moose.

Maybe a GEC recycled acrylic covered moose :confused:

On the subject of the 35 Churchill, I see they're doing a Yellow Rose. Do they all have the etch on the blade? It's its own series, right?

I'm confused too. The top picture has two trees with graffiti and a black plastic trash bag on the ground. The bottom picture looks like an angry moose.

Maybe a GEC recycled acrylic covered moose :confused:

I don't think it has anything to do with the carvings in the trees, but that would be amazing if it did. The only moose I know they did was a #66, and that does not look like Bullwinkle :)+ the 66's are about done.
I thought it might be a new Northwood's, but GEC does not do clues for Derrick's brand I believe. Someone will figure it out.

I don't think it has anything to do with the carvings in the trees, but that would be amazing if it did. The only moose I know they did was a #66, and that does not look like Bullwinkle :)+ the 66's are about done.
I thought it might be a new Northwood's, but GEC does not do clues for Derrick's brand I believe. Someone will figure it out.

They did a 53 or 54 moose, too. But we just had a run of them.

On the subject of the 35 Churchill, I see they're doing a Yellow Rose. Do they all have the etch on the blade? It's its own series, right?

The only one I've seen without a blade etch is this 66 which was an SFO for Txjohn in 2014.
HDNvFAs.jpg

GEC started the Yellow Rose series in 2009. Interestingly, 2016 was the only year since then that a Yellow Rose was not produced.

This is less than half of the ones they've produced so far...
Ap9LTSy.jpg

The only one I've seen without a blade etch is this 66 which was an SFO for Txjohn in 2014.
HDNvFAs.jpg

GEC started the Yellow Rose series in 2009. Interestingly, 2016 was the only year since then that a Yellow Rose was not produced.

This is less than half of the ones they've produced so far...
Ap9LTSy.jpg

Thanks a lot for the info! Beautiful photos.

Back