Lets talk GEC!

On the plus side, I have been hoping for a fixed blade run. They sneak under the radar and I never end up picking one up. This time!

True but Bill Howard knows this is a great marketing tool and we are use to it now. Also, that is why GEC is so prized.They are not "most other companies." Remember we do not compare them to the others and they have much more loyal customers. We put them above all other companies. So we as customers do expect a production schedule from them. We are loyal to them and in return we get a schedule.

I agree with you. What we have is a very nice give and take. GEC does so many things right (to many to list), and I have become a loyal customer. The webpage is a great marketing tool, necessary in todays online world. But we all know that one of the
great things about GEC is the Mom & Pop feel of the business. Mr Howard has to walk the fine line of keeping it all together. His valuable time is needed for things like the Rendezvous. When that dust settles the production schedule will get back to normal.

To change the subject.... He got the BF knives into Mr Gunstocks hands by the middle of August !! Now that's production that I'm happy about.

I agree with you. What we have is a very nice give and take. GEC does so many things right (to many to list), and I have become a loyal customer. The webpage is a great marketing tool, necessary in todays online world. But we all know that one of the
great things about GEC is the Mom & Pop feel of the business. Mr Howard has to walk the fine line of keeping it all together. His valuable time is needed for things like the Rendezvous. When that dust settles the production schedule will get back to normal.

To change the subject.... He got the BF knives into Mr Gunstocks hands by the middle of August !! Now that's production that I'm happy about.

I appreciate him arranging the production schedule to allow for the BF knives to be in production for the Rendezvous. Definitely cool.

I could be wrong, but I believe the 15s that Mike mentioned are the BF SFO and Charlie's SFO knives. Those have all been wrapped up.

I could be wrong, but I believe the 15s that Mike mentioned are the BF SFO and Charlie's SFO knives. Those have all been wrapped up.
Ahhh, Gotcha. Do you think any other barlows will be produced in 2017? With 4 months left in the year?

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that there is likely to be a run of 77s. But whether they are going to do the 77 Barlows or the 77 Jacks is another story.

Back