Lets talk GEC!

I caught a whiff of something on the upcoming production schedule at the Rendezvous, but I think I should keep a lid on it. If it's true, it's not one I saw coming.

As far as wish lists go, a giant would be fun. I'm loving the heck out of my sunfish I picked up.
Probably that 35 scout you were predicting, right? Oh, wait, didn't see coming...

Lady Legs???

Obviously.

I think I saw some 35 liners and bolsters being put together at the Rendezvous, though. A decent sized equal end at any rate.
That is indeed what you saw - the Churchill anyway. Not sure if the Calf Pen is before or after those, but William didn't mention those.

Hopefully there's still time for public pressure to convince Bill to do a NF Churchill in Jigged bone covers;).

The only difference I see between the Madison and the #74 frame is the long bolster. If anyone has both a Madison and a #74, how do they measure out?

One thing for sure, the single blade 14 sold out relatively fast. The two blade versions are still sitting in stock at a number of dealers. A single clip point will sell out in a hurry. A stainless single clip would sell out before it hit the shelves.
I agree. Although I'm sure they'd love to sell all of the spear 14s, I think they probably made enough so they'd be available for a little while.

I could see a higher single blade to double blade ratio this time. If the small blade was a coping blade though, it may sell better. At least I'd be more likely to buy one.

If I were to wish for a "bigger" knife, I vote for more 42s.

That is indeed what you saw - the Churchill anyway. Not sure if the Calf Pen is before or after those, but William didn't mention those.

Hopefully there's still time for public pressure to convince Bill to do a NF Churchill in Jigged bone covers;).

I tried, I even waved money around, but it's too late!

It would've had to be the Churchill, it had two bolsters on it.

I thought the Madison and the #21 bull buster were the same pattern, maybe not though.....

The 21 is 4 9/16"

I've heard the Madison called the 44 pattern like Al said. I think it is exclusive to Northwoods.

I sure would love a curved Barlow on the 74 frame. Maybe Charlies new curved Russell will inspire him to do a curved Barlow.

Is anyone going to be interested in the Calf Pen?
I'm definitely interested. Interested in seeing the photos of it, then interested in it's price. If both of those work out favorably, then I may be interested in buying one to try out.

It does seem a bit odd, but it could end up being cool.

I keep forgetting that it will 3.75 in closed. In my mind I keep thinking it is a smaller knife.

I once suggested its a good pattern for a keyring knife - but it would need to be a lot smaller.

Is anyone going to be interested in the Calf Pen?
I actually might be, even though I've only ever only been a fan of single-bladed traditionals. The wharncliffe and one arm blades are my favorites, though, and the addition of a flathead screwdriver bit and a lanyard make it eligible for beater knife duty.

Back