Lets talk GEC!

I would be shocked if we didn't see a 77 barlow this year. They've been yearly for some time now, and mike had mentioned ideas for the next one. Fingers crossed!
I do not own any but I think I would like this pattern the most. The largest of the barlow patterns, correct?

I do not own any but I think I would like this pattern the most. The largest of the barlow patterns, correct?
Of GECs barlows, yes.
The only barlows gec has produced are
(in order of size)
14(I'm not sure which is shorter between the 14 and 25, but the 25 is a much bulkier knife)

However, northwoods had an sfo made by GEC a couple years ago that I believe is larger than the 77(close to 4"). It is called the Madison barlow.

Of GECs barlows, yes.
(in order of size)
14(I'm not sure which is shorter between the 14 and 25, but the 25 is a much bulkier knife)

However, northwoods had an sfo made by GEC a couple years ago that I believe is larger than the 77(close to 4"). It is called the Madison barlow.
Wow a 14 barlow. I will have to search to see what that looks like. The Northwoods Madison I have seen photos of. Thanks so much for the info.

Of GECs barlows, yes.
(in order of size)

Of GECs barlows, yes.
(in order of size)

Ok. I have seen the 14. Thanks again.

I still can't help but think we'll see new 14s soon. As far as I know nothing has been mentioned about them, but we still have 4.5 months left this year to get another run. They seemed destined to be another "a run a year" pattern - and there's still time.

I'm not saying this is my preference (though I do like them), just that I predict it.

I still can't help but think we'll see new 14s soon. As far as I know nothing has been mentioned about them, but we still have 4.5 months left this year to get another run. They seemed destined to be another "a run a year" pattern - and there's still time.

I'm not saying this is my preference (though I do like them), just that I predict it.
I agree, 14s with clip blades wouldn't surprise me at all. And we'll surely get 77 barlows as many have said.

I wouldn't think that they would make more 14's until the current stock at their dealers is completely gone for a while.

The Madison Barlow was built on the 44 frame (don't know if that's exclusive to Northwoods, but nothing else has been built on the 44).
4 1/4 inches closed.
1cpklCb.jpg

I wouldn't think that they would make more 14's until the current stock at their dealers is completely gone for a while.
I was kinda thinking the same thing, but the production numbers on the 14s (and 15 crown lifters and beer scouts) might suggest that dealers want deeper stock that lasts for a while. That was a frequent complaint, not enough stock of popular patterns.

I also think the hypothetical clip bladed 14 will wildly outsell the spear blade version.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but the production numbers on the 14s (and 15 crown lifters and beer scouts) might suggest that dealers want deeper stock that lasts for a while. That was a frequent complaint, not enough stock of popular patterns.

I also think the hypothetical clip bladed 14 will wildly outsell the spear blade version.

One thing for sure, the single blade 14 sold out relatively fast. The two blade versions are still sitting in stock at a number of dealers. A single clip point will sell out in a hurry. A stainless single clip would sell out before it hit the shelves.

I caught a whiff of something on the upcoming production schedule at the Rendezvous, but I think I should keep a lid on it. If it's true, it's not one I saw coming.

As far as wish lists go, a giant would be fun. I'm loving the heck out of my sunfish I picked up.

Back