Lets talk GEC!

Thanks for posting the pictures here Ryan . Looks like I will have to save up for a Northfield 97 . Need a big Coke Bottle with what looks like either a Scandi or Sabre grind .

Harry
Imagine that thing with a huge gimp shield on it. Like the one's on the 98 SFO camp knives!

This one needs a GEC brother.... one of the best Schatts I own. As well made as any GEC.

w2nndz.jpg

You're right. Those are 3 spring aren't they, or are they split spring?
Looking at the length of the main blade compared to the length of the frame my money is on a two spring non split back with the blades all crammed in there stockman style. I think if it were split back or 3 spring the main blade would be much longer compared to the frame.

Second thought, split back with secondary blades that are thick enough to crowd out the main blade extending the full length.

I'm very excited about the #86 because i carry a 78 at least 4 days a week and i would love to have the same knife a little bigger with a sheepsfoot and that #97 is just awesome, there will be a huge amount of cutting force in that blade with it canted down like that.

It might be a little early but does anyone see the BF one star knife in there, maybe a barlow or a whittler?
It would be especially nice if we could get the first iteration of a new pattern. The 2014 Stag Jack was the first 77 Knife to be produced.

If it was a Barlow on the 86 pattern, it could have a stylized “BF” on the bolster. If it was on the 29 frame, I would hope it would be a split-back whittler. Let’s get it started with a new thread. I want something special this year. Not just a another run-of-the-mill option.

Last edited:
It would be especially nice if we could get the first iteration of a new pattern. The 2014 Stag Jack was the first 77 Knife to be produced.

If it was a Barlow on the 86 pattern, it could have a stylized “BF” on the bolster. If it was on the 29 frame, I would hope it would be a split-back whittler. Let’s get it started with a new thread. I want something special this year. Not just a another run-of-the-mill option.
Yes! PPP for BF!

Very excited, next year might be bad for my wallet. I really like the the 86 if it comes in a single blade, its like a slightly bigger 78 which is a pattern I really like. The 97 in a sabre clip grabs my attention, a Pemberton on steroids. I would be all over the 29 in a whittler or pen configuration.

I like large slip joints like the madison barlow andthe 85's. I so i naturally like the tidioute 97. Hopefully there will be a micarta offering for the 97. The northfield is a little too much with the saber grind and the double pull.

The 86 and 97 look good, but the 29 seems a little weird shaped. Too much going on for me on the 29.

I am definitely going to get a 97 and carry it.

Other PPP's were the 13, 85, and the 35. I'm not sure on the 74

To me, the 29 looks like perfection. I think it’ll become one of my favorites. It looks like a humpback version of the 38.

And I need a 97 because I love double pulls.

Back