1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Lets talk GEC!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rockgolfer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Imagine that thing with a huge gimp shield on it. Like the one's on the 98 SFO camp knives!

2. draggat

draggat Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    This one needs a GEC brother.... one of the best Schatts I own. As well made as any GEC.

[​IMG]

3. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    Looking at the length of the main blade compared to the length of the frame my money is on a two spring non split back with the blades all crammed in there stockman style. I think if it were split back or 3 spring the main blade would be much longer compared to the frame.

4. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    Second thought, split back with secondary blades that are thick enough to crowd out the main blade extending the full length.

5. Sabercat

Sabercat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Yeah, I think it's most likely a split back, which is cool with me.

6. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Wow, well I just had a moment to sit down after closing on my house and moving the first truck load... let’s just say I’m excited.

The 29 and 97 :eek:

Hivoltage, Wurrwulf and Sabercat like this.
  7. jsdistin

May 27, 2016
    It might be a little early but does anyone see the BF one star knife in there, maybe a barlow or a whittler?

draggat and Travman like this.
  8. rbeggs

rbeggs Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2013
    I'm very excited about the #86 because i carry a 78 at least 4 days a week and i would love to have the same knife a little bigger with a sheepsfoot and that #97 is just awesome, there will be a huge amount of cutting force in that blade with it canted down like that.

Matt Bernier and Fodderwing like this.
  9. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    It would be especially nice if we could get the first iteration of a new pattern. The 2014 Stag Jack was the first 77 Knife to be produced.

If it was a Barlow on the 86 pattern, it could have a stylized “BF” on the bolster. If it was on the 29 frame, I would hope it would be a split-back whittler. Let’s get it started with a new thread. I want something special this year. Not just a another run-of-the-mill option.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Fodderwing, Jathes, t.willy and 6 others like this.
  10. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Yes! PPP for BF!

Fodderwing and Travman like this.
  11. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Agreed. Too bad it's so small. If it was four inches closed, I'd be on that like a chicken on a June bug ...

12. nyrico

nyrico Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Very excited, next year might be bad for my wallet. I really like the the 86 if it comes in a single blade, its like a slightly bigger 78 which is a pattern I really like. The 97 in a sabre clip grabs my attention, a Pemberton on steroids. I would be all over the 29 in a whittler or pen configuration.

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Dang!!!
    I was sooo close.

Fodderwing and Railsplitter like this.
  14. archertl

archertl

Nov 3, 2013
    I like large slip joints like the madison barlow andthe 85's. I so i naturally like the tidioute 97. Hopefully there will be a micarta offering for the 97. The northfield is a little too much with the saber grind and the double pull.

15. oldmanrunning

oldmanrunning

Apr 22, 2013
    These are the last of my GECs but cost of purchase, post and VAT have finally worn me down, so it is European mainly French knives from now on.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  16. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I have to agree with you Will. Maybe GEC will supply a sheath with the #97.

Will Power likes this.
  17. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    The 86 and 97 look good, but the 29 seems a little weird shaped. Too much going on for me on the 29.

I am definitely going to get a 97 and carry it.

18. oldmanrunning

oldmanrunning

Apr 22, 2013
    These are two of my new favourite French knives.[​IMG] Stefan Schmalhaus has one of his informative videos on Youtube that is well worth watching if you are interested.

19. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Other PPP's were the 13, 85, and the 35. I'm not sure on the 74

Fodderwing and Travman like this.
  20. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    To me, the 29 looks like perfection. I think it’ll become one of my favorites. It looks like a humpback version of the 38.

And I need a 97 because I love double pulls.