Lets talk GEC!

I have a single blade and two blade 06, it is a bit too small for me. Lovely little knife though.

Anybody notice that they're apparently going back on the "no shields on stag" rule?

I see at least two shields on the upcoming stag #82s.

LOL. I'm just the opposite. Whenever I see micarta in a run, especially the natural canvas, I feel like I have to buy one. But I've never been interested in any of the acrylics.

I am the same, although a couple of the acrylics almost enticed me, the lava acrylic and the Tortoise shell. Still haven't pulled the trigger on an acrylic though.

I also reserved a single blade #06 just on the potential for the blue jigged bone. On standby for the #97 smooth yellow rose - bummed about that, but have an ebony reserved which should be a beauty.

I also reserved a single blade #06 just on the potential for the blue jigged bone. On standby for the #97 smooth yellow rose - bummed about that, but have an ebony reserved which should be a beauty.

I wouldn't be bummed yet - dealer orders are not due till Monday. So hopefully everyone wanting one can be covered and updated.

I, for one, will just go with the standard GEC slabs for the most part going forward on SFO's. I have learned, again, there is a method behind their madness.
Mike I am sad to hear that you had a bad experience with your recent SFO covers. I just received my Tiger Maple 85 and it is quite impressive. I think I speak for most people on this thread when I say we appreciate the effort you put into having these knives made and you have made us very happy along the way.

:D

Keeping fingers crossed about the Dixies thanks as I 'only' want the Elderberry Stockman and Micarta Pen/Skinner :cool:

Took a HORRIBLE selfie of the ribs...the pain that keeps on giving alright :eek::poop: Sleep is difficult, walking OK but movement sideways, driving (changing gear murder) getting out of a chair, bed, coughing, blowing the nose, laughing...anybody embracing me:eek::mad: all no no no no!

Think I might as well top myself...;):D I HOPE it'll get better but a week of pain does not a charming amusing man make, grouchy old bear more like....

25 is a broad handle that makes it credible but my favourite 'small' GEC is the 33 Conductor, very much right :thumbsup: Funny because CASE, Böker, Buck, BB Winchester, RR have all made a number of useful and reasonable small patterns, GEC not so much.

Thanks, Will

I've got a Single blade Pemberton in ebony. Nice knife & carried a bit. While I like it better than my Case Peanut, it's still a tad smaller than I like.

The GEC #33 Conductor was the perfect size, but every one I handled had a very light pull. Felt like a 3-3.5 pull and the lightest I like is around a 5. Still a #33 set up as a single end Jack knife with a clip main & coping secondary would be sweet.

Thank you! And holy smokes that’s small!! :eek:

Very useful picture thank you. Confirms my prejudices about the Pemberton though, just too dinky :( There ARE very satisfying small knives, but for me GEC has work to do in that area.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1033714 View attachment 1033715

Will Power Will Power , I agree with you about the Pembertons, and even the 14’s, but I believe GEC’s 25 pattern is almost perfect. The shape and the heft caused by the extra width make it carry like a dream in your pocket.

BTW Will, have you had any luck with the Dixie’s? And how are your ribs?

I’m in complete agreement with you on the #25, Leslie. It’s one of my favorite GEC patterns, and definitely my favorite of their “small” patterns (mostly because, while compact, it doesn’t feel small).

The GEC #33 Conductor was the perfect size, but every one I handled had a very light pull. Felt like a 3-3.5 pull and the lightest I like is around a 5. Still a #33 set up as a single end Jack knife with a clip main & coping secondary would be sweet.

My #33 "Dog Paw" knife has a strong pull on both the clip and pen. It is also my favorite of the "smalls", Will, @Will Power . Seems like the dealer had those in stock for many years, but I don't believe any longer. They come up here occasionally. Just a little big for my key ring (I use a classic or LB1).

Old pic.

IMG_0160 (2).jpg

Back