Lets talk GEC!

Doesn't it look familiar?
IMG-20190927-152844.jpg

IMG-20190927-152845.jpg

It sure does!
IMG-20190928-160543.jpg

In the past I've always found it most expedient to call. Well, actually it's best to stop in person, but that can be difficult haha

Did you notice this wobble before carrying / using the knives? It can definitely develop over time.

Both of my knives are 2019’s, and the 92 I’ve had for less than a week and carried once. I do appreciate your experience!

GEC warranty can take some time. I have only sent one knife in for warranty work. ( GEC 15 single spear, blade touching liner) it took over 3 months to get the knife back. Knife was returned to me with a centered blade. That same knife now has a uncentered blade again. :(

Oh man... uncentered like it was before? That sure is a snail-like warranty fulfillment.

Both of my knives are 2019’s, and the 92 I’ve had for less than a week and carried once. I do appreciate your experience!

Oh man... uncentered like it was before? That sure is a snail-like warranty fulfillment.
Yea pretty uncentered, not touching the liners like before. I no longer send in knives for warranty work. If a knife is new and has a problem, I send it back. If it’s used and develops a issue, I gift it to a friend or family member. I have a ton of GEC knives and have only came across a few with issues. GEC is still my go to for traditional knives!

Last edited:
I am becoming rather fond of this elderberry color. The 92 is a bit lighter than the 82 but no less rich. I am rather bummed that I didn't get one of the Elderberry 78s when they were available though, I think it would have made for a handsome trio here. However, I don't regret letting the Elderberry 77 go, pink isn't really my color.

Sh8Gthv.jpg
You could of bought Fiebing's leather dye and popped the bone. Red , dark red , ox blood , maroon , or burgundy . I pop my GEC knives all the time to get them the color that I want. Navy blue dye turns natural canvas micarta into midnight canvas blue micarta. "looks black" I love it ! My #12 toothpick dark chestnut came in way too light. I stuck a Q-tip in black leather dye. I used another Q-tip to gently/lightly absorb the dye. I lightly applied the dye on my #12 knife and my #43 Frontier bone knife. That #43 knife was horrible ugly. The #43 is beautiful now. I forgot about my light aqua camel bone #12. It is Navy Blue with a aqua streak , now !

Last edited:
You could of bought Fiebing's leather dye and popped the bone. Red , dark red , ox blood , maroon , or burgundy . I pop my GEC knives all the time to get them the color that I want. Navy blue dye turns natural canvas micarta into midnight canvas blue micarta. "looks black" I love it ! My #12 toothpick dark chestnut came in way too light. I stuck a Q-tip in black leather dye. I used another Q-tip to gently/lightly absorb the dye. I lightly applied the dye on my #12 knife and my #43 Frontier bone knife. That #43 knife was horrible ugly. The #43 is beautiful now. I forgot about my light aqua camel bone #12. It is Navy Blue with a aqua streak , now !

Let's see some pics please

Great... now not only has Joan Howard not given me any semblance of satisfactory responses for my warranty since Wednesday morning of last week, now the factory is shut down until October 7th, the final day of my grace period for returning my #92.

What do you guys think? I love my #92 but the blade slapping into the blade well when I reach for it in my pocket is something I can’t live with. Return it? Or send it to GEC (and maybe get it back by 2029 at this rate.)?

Great... now not only has Joan Howard not given me any semblance of satisfactory responses for my warranty since Wednesday morning of last week, now the factory is shut down until October 7th, the final day of my grace period for returning my #92.

What do you guys think? I love my #92 but the blade slapping into the blade well when I reach for it in my pocket is something I can’t live with. Return it? Or send it to GEC (and maybe get it back by 2029 at this rate.)?
Return it.

Ya return it.

WljpsDd.jpg

Well since this isn't the good, the bad, the ugly page.

I recieved my 82 PS in elderberry today. Quite nice. Less saturation on the dye than the others, resulting in a very red berry color. I like it shows the variety when dealing with natural materials.

It has been a few days since any new production photos :) Usually that means they are working on secretive SFOs (or Northwoods). Wonder what's up?:rolleyes:

It has been a few days since any new production photos :) Usually that means they are working on secretive SFOs (or Northwoods). Wonder what's up?:rolleyes:

Do they ever take a break? Seems like they've been working at a frantic pace

How many patterns do they usually produce in a year?

Back