Lets talk GEC!

Sounds from the early reviews like you strong pull fellows got your wish with this batch of 23s. Which is good for my wallet, because they'd yank my thin, flexible nails right off their beds.
Mixed reviews on that, and for some reason the Brazilian cherry seems lighter from what I read, like a strong 7

My Brazillian cherry 23 is a stronger pull than my woodland micarta knife. So I think it may be a knife to knife variance.
Woodland 7-8 pull.
Beavaertail 7.5-8 pull.

I would like to get on a reserve for one of the Northfield knives coming up. Can anyone xlue me in on how to do so?

have there been any leaks or hints at whats coming after the 23s? I feel like usually when they only have 1 pattern in production they hint at something to let us know. Or maybe they wait until the 1 blade LLs are in production. Hard to wait.

I would agree with you Will but you overlooked the importance of batoning. If I never needed to baton I would go for a lighter knife, but then I could risk freezing. To death.

Last edited:
Just bought my first GEC! A #23 Beavertail. I didn't pay attention to the dimensions, this thing is HUGE. Beautiful knife but probably won't get carried much because of size. I carry a traditional because sometimes you can't deploy a Spyderco Military, but the traditional slip joint generally goes unnoticed.

Does anybody have ideas or want to speculate on what GEC Knives we’ll see in the second half of 2020???

I’d love to see any barlows, a one arm man blade on any frame, or bullet jacks.

If we got a totally new model, then I’d love to see a coffin jack.

Hope this is an ok place to ask a general GEC question. I'm a few years late to the party, but I just received a #44 Northfield in autumn gold jigged bone for father's day. I noticed that the bullet shield is slightly proud of the covers. Is this typical of this run?

Does anybody have ideas or want to speculate on what GEC Knives we’ll see in the second half of 2020???

Barlow or caplifter would be awesome imo

35 scout knife.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the electrician knife again. I love that pattern. However, 35 scout, 35 scout, please please please, a 35 scout.

Barlow or caplifter would be awesome imo
Why not a Barlow with a cap lifter? :rolleyes:

35 scout knife.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the electrician knife again. I love that pattern. However, 35 scout, 35 scout, please please please, a 35 scout.
Don't holder your breath, I will never try to predict Bill Howard, but what I understand is that the 35 scout has been designed but was not made because of the 98 camp knife. The experience with the camp knife lefts bad taste in Bill's mind. So we will see.

I noticed that the bullet shield is slightly proud of the covers. Is this typical of this run?

Yes, shields are frequently proud of their covers. As long as the edges are radiused, I haven't found it to be a problem.

Why not a Barlow with a cap lifter? :rolleyes:

Don't holder your breath, I will never try to predict Bill Howard, but what I understand is that the 35 scout has been designed but was not made because of the 98 camp knife. The experience with the camp knife lefts bad taste in Bill's mind. So we will see.
I assume it was just a royal pain in the butt? Or was there difficulty selling it as well? Pity they didn't start with the 35; the 98 is almost impractically large, and the 35 matches well with the old scout knives I love.

I'm afraid to ask what Howard thought about making that sheetrock saw on the electrician.

Back