Lets talk GEC!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rockgolfer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. the end

the end

Mar 8, 2008
    Thanks. It's not that big of a deal, but the rim end of the bullet is a little sharp. I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to break the edge a bit.

2. Spydieboi

Spydieboi

Sep 29, 2019
    Only in dreams lol

3. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    [​IMG]
    It's not a GEC, however...

TFBraden, Quiet, JohnDF and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    I also am assuming based on conversations with others. I believe it was the difficulty in assembly. I agree with you the 35 frame would make several great knives : scout, cattle, jack, and another blade combo pen knife. At 3¾ inches it fits my hand perfectly and the blade length it can handle is nice.

5. AZCoyote

AZCoyote

Apr 30, 2019
    Looks like GEC finally announced what's coming after the 23s! They are planning on doing a run of 33 Conductors next. They have previews up on the site.

Matt Bernier and Fox79 like this.
  6. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    I haven't bought a knife in almost 9 months, but that may change things... especially if they do one in stainless!

7. Tuna

Tuna Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Does anyone know yet how big these are supposed to be?

8. AZCoyote

AZCoyote

Apr 30, 2019
    If you're referring to the 33, the website lists them at 3 and 3/8 inch closed.

Tuna likes this.
  9. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    3 3/8"

Tuna likes this.
  10. StubbyThumbnail

StubbyThumbnail Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2016
    I've always wanted a conductor. I think I will probably need several as I have seven grandchildren and it just may be the perfect knife for them. Of course I have several 14 patterns tucked away for them but I can't see that would make any difference in buying 33's for them all.

11. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I’ll probably get at least three versions of these, but I do hope they firm up the springs this time.

I see an interesting new shield.
    F329CAB0-AE9E-45B0-BABF-A979AF257BC8.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  12. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    May have to limit your take - I think what you see is what you get. NF Stag and Tidi Jigged Bone is the word on the street.

13. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I had a #33 and really enjoyed it and stupidly sold it.

I hope that jigged one is jigged micarta. That'd be real cool.

Wow! I'm surprised by that. Is it a large number of each? Or just throwing a small run of #33s in for fun? haha

Travman, Fox79 and Scott J. like this.
  14. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    After so many months of not having much to talk about with regards to GEC, it is nice to see the #33s in the 2020 lineup - even if it comes with limited choices. I am always down with some good Stag and even if the bone option proves to be drab, the interesting shield might make up for it.

Regardless, it looks like a nice pen knife.

15. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Imagine that #33 in new "2020 Dumpster Fire Glitter Acrylic" with a Bladeforums stamp ;) :D

16. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero

Jan 5, 2014
    It is unfortunate the 33 will not come with ebony or cocobolo, but the knife looks good.

EngrSorenson, ISKRA and Fox79 like this.
  17. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Stag is always a go for me because I am not a shield kind of guy. But I’m quirky, I almost always have to have a band on my cigars! Of course it bring out the true flavor;).

AZCoyote likes this.
  18. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    You know, I am weird like that too - I definitely like a band on my cigar, I only take it off once the ash arrives. There is some interesting discussion and opinions with regards to cigar bands - many of which come from much older times.

With regards to shields - I like that there is generally a decent variety with GEC, one can usually find a shield or no-shield combination that strikes their fancy.

EngrSorenson, Fox79 and Old Engineer like this.
  19. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    What's the closed length on the 33's?
    Did a quick bing search and got lots of hits, but no dimensions.
    TIA

20. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    It shows on GEC's site as being 3 3/8" closed.