Lets talk GEC!

Yes, shields are frequently proud of their covers. As long as the edges are radiused, I haven't found it to be a problem.
Thanks. It's not that big of a deal, but the rim end of the bullet is a little sharp. I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to break the edge a bit.

Why not a Barlow with a cap lifter? :rolleyes:

Don't holder your breath, I will never try to predict Bill Howard, but what I understand is that the 35 scout has been designed but was not made because of the 98 camp knife. The experience with the camp knife lefts bad taste in Bill's mind. So we will see.
Only in dreams lol

Only in dreams lol
ZbaXpj7.jpg

It's not a GEC, however...

I assume it was just a royal pain in the butt? Or was there difficulty selling it as well? Pity they didn't start with the 35; the 98 is almost impractically large, and the 35 matches well with the old scout knives I love.

I'm afraid to ask what Howard thought about making that sheetrock saw on the electrician.
I also am assuming based on conversations with others. I believe it was the difficulty in assembly. I agree with you the 35 frame would make several great knives : scout, cattle, jack, and another blade combo pen knife. At 3¾ inches it fits my hand perfectly and the blade length it can handle is nice.

I haven't bought a knife in almost 9 months, but that may change things... especially if they do one in stainless!

I’ll probably get at least three versions of these, but I do hope they firm up the springs this time.

I see in interesting new shield.
View attachment 1368652

I had a #33 and really enjoyed it and stupidly sold it.

I hope that jigged one is jigged micarta. That'd be real cool.

May have to limit your take - I think what you see is what you get. NF Stag and Tidi Jigged Bone is the word on the street.

Wow! I'm surprised by that. Is it a large number of each? Or just throwing a small run of #33s in for fun? haha

After so many months of not having much to talk about with regards to GEC, it is nice to see the #33s in the 2020 lineup - even if it comes with limited choices. I am always down with some good Stag and even if the bone option proves to be drab, the interesting shield might make up for it.

Regardless, it looks like a nice pen knife.

After so many months of not having much to talk about with regards to GEC, it is nice to see the #33s in the 2020 lineup - even if it comes with limited choices. I am always down with some good Stag and even if the bone option proves to be drab, the interesting shield might make up for it.

Regardless, it looks like a nice pen knife.
Stag is always a go for me because I am not a shield kind of guy. But I’m quirky, I almost always have to have a band on my cigars! Of course it bring out the true flavor;).

...... But I’m quirky, I almost always have to have a band on my cigars! Of course it bring out the true flavor;).

You know, I am weird like that too - I definitely like a band on my cigar, I only take it off once the ash arrives. There is some interesting discussion and opinions with regards to cigar bands - many of which come from much older times.

With regards to shields - I like that there is generally a decent variety with GEC, one can usually find a shield or no-shield combination that strikes their fancy.

What's the closed length on the 33's?
Did a quick bing search and got lots of hits, but no dimensions.
TIA

Back