Lets talk GEC!

Well... to get a #33 I might have to consider alternative methods. Perhaps I’ll have to... “reduce the demand”... for 800 #33’s... Baha... Hahahaha...
*Turns around in leather chair stroking a white cat*

YES PLEASE!

that would make me so happy.

i have a clip crown lifter just like the one being bid on. Not a big fan of day glow so mr @Jfowl31 is working on it... and he’s keeping me in suspense !

Love the custom crown lifters...I have a 2016 nifebrite version converted to Beerlow by Glenn (Taylor did one like yours too with Glenn)...odd, I like the glow in dark but not so much w/ carbon steel, patina and glow together just don't work for me. Jordan's work is likewise impeccable, the TC Beerlow is his work:
upload_2020-5-15_8-25-45-jpeg.1340706

The 33 seems a little small for my taste but was going to pick up one in bone, saw the email about 15 minutes after it was sent. Oh well, too slow. I guess if it ends up appeal6to me I'll have to get one from another dealer or secondary market

C’mon guys you all know the rules. Wading through posts about reserving knives is a little tedious.
Strictly speaking the intent was not to discuss the buying process, rather victory/defeat and scarcity. Excitement over a drop is nothing new around here. It’s part and parcel of the GEC culture. I hope you see it for what it is and go a little easy.

Sorry to sound a little grumpy, and I know I am not a Mod, but to your point, I don’t mind excitement either, its just that we all know what happens, we get all the sad posts from people who missed out, then posts inquiring how to reserve knives, then posts responding offering to help, on and on.

Last edited:
The sawcut Beerlow looks amazing!
What color is it? From culpepper i assume?

Jordan did my ancient Beerlow when I first got it. While I love it , I’ve always thought about some good jig or sawcut scales.
qlznfhi.jpg

Love the custom crown lifters...I have a 2016 nifebrite version converted to Beerlow by Glenn (Taylor did one like yours too with Glenn)...odd, I like the glow in dark but not so much w/ carbon steel, patina and glow together just don't work for me. Jordan's work is likewise impeccable, the TC Beerlow is his work:
upload_2020-5-15_8-25-45-jpeg.1340706

all of my Tuna's are safe queens. These 5 lockbacks are GEC made in 2012.View attachment 1375463

Those "leaf bladed" tunas are definitely twins from the #72 pattern at the same time. I have one and still enjoy using it. I need educated on those clip blades though. They look like Queen mountain men patterns. Were they built on the gec #72 pattern. Or 42 pattern? If so, they have a single run unique pull and stamp that differs from other GEC knives. All very beautiful examples!!

Those "leaf bladed" tunas are definitely twins from the #72 pattern at the same time. I have one and still enjoy using it. I need educated on those clip blades though. They look like Queen mountain men patterns. Were they built on the gec #72 pattern. Or 42 pattern? If so, they have a single run unique pull and stamp that differs from other GEC knives. All very beautiful examples!!

The clip blade set of 3 are 4 1/2 inches long, built on the 23 pattern. The other 2 with the spear blade are 3 7/8 inch long, built on the 72 pattern.

The clip blade set of 3 are 4 1/2 inches long, built on the 23 pattern. The other 2 with the spear blade are 3 7/8 inch long, built on the 72 pattern.
How are those beautiful 23 clips numbered? The GEC totals list the blade style as a 9 or cotton sampler. Im interested to know how the tubes were labeled.....
Here is what they show....
SmartSelect_20200710-233845_Drive.jpg

How are those beautiful 23 clips numbered? The GEC totals list the blade style as a 9 or cotton sampler. Im interested to know how the tubes were labeled.....
Here is what they show....
View attachment 1375773

Yes, those numbers in the production total were for the Cotton Kings that were also made that year. Here is a photo of them. For some reason, GEC left off the 23 clips from their production total sheet that year. There are no numbers on the blades or tubes. They only say Tuna Valley Cutlery. The Daniels were still part owners of GEC at that time, and since Tuna Valley is their own personal brand, I think they had complete control over what they wanted shown or not shown on the knives/tubes.
tuna-2012-group-cotton-01-lo-bf.jpg

Back