Lets talk GEC!

Only run once, evidently never to be run again. But all we can do is wait and see.
Again though, considering they are somewhat rare, I’m surprised that those who have them don’t post them as there have to be in a few safe queen collections

...in other words, a SAK.
SAK, Scout. A lot of versions have been made.
JLLisJC.jpg

SAK, Scout. A lot of versions have been made.
JLLisJC.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of the vintage Scout knives (Camillus, Case, Boker, et al....) which is typically what GEC does, keeping alive classic patterns using traditional knife making methods and materials.

I know what a scout knife is guys but when you are talking about adding a spear, can opener, bottle opener and awl to a bolsterless plastic handled knife, you are basically describing a SAK...only difference here being 1095 as opposed to stainless.

Yes, those numbers in the production total were for the Cotton Kings that were also made that year. Here is a photo of them. For some reason, GEC left off the 23 clips from their production total sheet that year. There are no numbers on the blades or tubes. They only say Tuna Valley Cutlery. The Daniels were still part owners of GEC at that time, and since Tuna Valley is their own personal brand, I think they had complete control over what they wanted shown or not shown on the knives/tubes.
View attachment 1375890

Just WOW! The file work on the ivory model is simply a splendid detail. The engraving is no slouch either. Beautiful knives.

Regardless, like said before there is a very slim chance of it ever being made. When we see the 35 frame again it will most probably be a Cattle knife.

I'm all for a traditional scout, carried them (like many of us did) when I was a kid. They tend to be "fat" in the pocket, however, so if that is the style knife I decide to carry, I pull out an ALOX. I think all my GEC's are jacks. I do have this S&M Junior Scout (pic posted yesterday, sorry a recycle) but it doesn't have an awl...thus the HJ-1. If GEC would make a small, scout knife like this it would be great...a nice gentleman's scout knife.

upload_2020-7-10_7-10-3-jpeg.1375268

That would be nice, I'd buy one of those too.

This little S&M Junior Scout is a dandy, Premier Series, @ 3.25 closed, a main spear, a little pen, a can opener and a bottle opener in stainless with jigged bone handles...made in 2007 so perhaps some Bill Howard DNA in there. A retailer or two still have a couple but there is a guy on bay who seems to have a stash that sell for less than the retailers (NO NOT ME, DON"T KNOW GUY ETC, ETC ETC).

I did a double-take. I can spot a #351217 a mile off, but that’s more than just a #351217. Very clever. Would buy one- especially in divided spring configuration.
Ha, yes. I'm not Photoshop clever, so I just laid the Churchill on top of the #352216 Forum Knife.
I want that so bad I can smell the oil on the blades.
I know, right?
I rather have the cap lifter/screwdriver in place of the can opener myself, it would be the perfect knife, I’d never need another!
You may be right. I keep going back and forth on if I'd miss the screwdriver more than the can opener.

Back