Lets talk GEC!

Nice! Just scored one too

Wow, I actually got one. Now just need to get a stag. Excited to try it out.

I wonder if the "big things" GEC has planned has thrown people off the scent of the 33s? I'm honestly surprised I was able to get one too. 400 pieces isn't a lot, considering what the demand could be. A new shield, too? I'd imagine collectors would be all over this.

That cobra is standing next to beer and sausage guy, so I'm gonna guess a single-blade wharnie 35 "Cobra"

View attachment 1396026 View attachment 1396028 View attachment 1396027

I am going to take a guess on the significance of the Massasuga Rattlesnake. It seems that the most unique thing about that snake is it’s pattern. I bet we will see a Massauga acrylic on a 47 Viper. If so, I might just have to break my rule against acrylics and get one.

Other than that, I have no idea if we will get a 74 Mustang or Stallion. Either would be wonderful to me. I also have no idea what the Cobra means.

I sure hope we see a single spring 35 variation. That Beard Scout will have THREE springs. I am going to call it the Beer, Sausage, and Potato, because it will feel like an Idaho spud in the pocket! The Maher and Grosch looks to be a two spring. That’s better, but still pretty chunky for pocket carry. I am beginning to fear that the 35’s this go around might not work for me. Glad I hung on to one Churchill!

All this speculation is a hell of a lot of fun! It reminds me of my first couple years down the rabbit hole!

LastRodeo LastRodeo , I am just going off of the drawing that has been going around. It shows a two blade Jack with a pen secondary.

Last edited:

I am going to take a guess on the significance of the Massasuga Rattlesnake. It seems that the most unique thing about that snake is it’s pattern. I bet we will see a Massauga acrylic on a 47 Viper. If so, I might just have to break my rule against acrylics and get one.

Other than that, I have no idea if we will get a 74 Mustang or Stallion. Either would be wonderful to me. I also have no idea what the Cobra means.

I sure hope we see a single spring 35 variation. That Beard Scout will have THREE springs. I am going to call it the Beer, Sausage, and Potato, because it will feel like an Idaho spud in the pocket! The Maher and Grosch looks to be a two spring. That’s better, but still pretty chunky for pocket carry. I am beginning to fear that the 35’s this go around might not work for me. Glad I hung on to one Churchill!
The the Maher and Grosch still speculation or has info been released?

92F23D3C-0ABA-4D59-B8B0-67DEC9EB7590.jpeg

I don’t think this has been posted yet. But here’s a single blade SFO. I’ve crossed out the dealers name, just in case it would cause problems since I’m sure he’s not a forum dealer. But a single Damascus blade 35. I believe made with salvaged ship parts....

Maher & Grosh still has an SFO on the books with Bill but I’m not sure on which of the upcoming frames.

LastRodeo LastRodeo , I am just going off of the drawing that has been going around. It shows a two blade Jack with a pen secondary.

I would be very interested in a single blade #35. The only info that I have confidence in is that a pretty good source told me there would be numerous blade configs on the #35. I specifically asked them about the M&G as well as a single blade and their response was pretty coy but led me to believe both will happen. I wish I had more solid info, I guess time will tell. Hopefully not too much more time!

I wonder if the "big things" GEC has planned has thrown people off the scent of the 33s? I'm honestly surprised I was able to get one too. 400 pieces isn't a lot, considering what the demand could be. A new shield, too? I'd imagine collectors would be all over this.
It will be interesting to see once more dealers get them. There was one on saturday that sold out in seconds. But I have no idea how many they received. I think the 33 is a popular pattern, and since it is a short run, it will be hard to come by.

As far as the 35 goes, I am hoping they make a substantial amount to satisfy demand. But who knows what that number would be. If the 33 was a short run of 400 each, then how many B&S 35s can we expect? 1000? 1500?

The 35 is almost identical to the older Northwoods Indian River Jack that was made by Queen, so there's another possibility. Only thing is the Indian Rivers had 154 steel and I dont think GEC would be willing to work in that steel.

It will be interesting to see once more dealers get them. There was one on saturday that sold out in seconds. But I have no idea how many they received. I think the 33 is a popular pattern, and since it is a short run, it will be hard to come by.

As far as the 35 goes, I am hoping they make a substantial amount to satisfy demand. But who knows what that number would be. If the 33 was a short run of 400 each, then how many B&S 35s can we expect? 1000? 1500?
Whatever it ends up being, it won't be enough!

View attachment 1396038

I don’t think this has been posted yet. But here’s a single blade SFO. I’ve crossed out the dealers name, just in case it would cause problems since I’m sure he’s not a forum dealer. But a single Damascus blade 35. I believe made with salvaged ship parts....
This would be a fantastic alternative to the - in my taste - a bit over burdened 35 beer and sausage knife - I just want a cutting tool, and maybe a secondary blade, the rest of it is a bit too much weight to add to the pocket in my opinion.

If the 33 was only 400, it's hard to imagine that the BS knife will be more. It's not exactly a mainstream choice of blades and with three layers it's going to be a brick. I'm surprised at all the interest. Flabbergasted, really. They won't do a scout, because blades too difficult, or a cattle knife, but this thing gets the nod? I would have expected a run of 400 to still be available years from now. Maybe decades. It sure doesn't look that way now.

If the 33 was only 400, it's hard to imagine that the BS knife will be more. It's not exactly a mainstream choice of blades and with three layers it's going to be a brick. I'm surprised at all the interest. Flabbergasted, really. They won't do a scout, because blades too difficult, or a cattle knife, but this thing gets the nod? I would have expected a run of 400 to still be available years from now. Maybe decades. It sure doesn't look that way now.
Who said they won't do a cattle? The 29 is not a brick. Too stuffy around here, Beer and Sausage is going to be fun. I'm in for one for sure.

Sometimes I think GEC tries to skirt the line between pure traditional and innovative traditional. I've often wondered if there's a cap on the number of traditionals I'd buy, because after a while, they're substantially the same. I've probably honestly crossed that point.

I myself am not a fan of the B&S, but I could see how someone might be. It's different- it's a conversation piece. It might have some practical value that I'm just not seeing.

I'm glad to see it, because although this is a miss and pass for me, it means something down the road might come along that I'll love that I'm not even creative enough to imagine yet. The cap lifter knives I feel like are a small subset of this kind of knife- a little outboard of what most people would think of in "traditional", but they have their following.

A bit of innovation is a good thing. It shows that the company is alive and well. A desperate company wouldn't be taking any chances.

Edit: now that I think about it, look at how much conversation has been generated about a single knife. I think that says something right there about the #35 beer and sausage. To paraphrase the Good Book, it's better to be hot or cold than luke warm.

Sometimes I think GEC tries to skirt the line between pure traditional and innovative traditional. I've often wondered if there's a cap on the number of traditionals I'd buy, because after a while, they're substantially the same. I've probably honestly crossed that point.

I myself am not a fan of the B&S, but I could see how someone might be. It's different- it's a conversation piece. It might have some practical value that I'm just not seeing.

I'm glad to see it, because although this is a miss and pass for me, it means something down the road might come along that I'll love that I'm not even creative enough to imagine yet. The cap lifter knives I feel like are a small subset of this kind of knife- a little outboard of what most people would think of in "traditional", but they have their following.

A bit of innovation is a good thing. It shows that the company is alive and well. A desperate company wouldn't be taking any chances.

Edit: now that I think about it, look at how much conversation has been generated about a single knife. I think that says something right there about the #35 beer and sausage. To paraphrase the Good Book, it's better to be hot or cold than luke warm.

I am definitely in for one of those Beer and Sausage knives, and the interest in the knife doesn't surprise me at all. Secondary prices and absolute scarcity of the Beer Scouts is an absolute wake-up call smack in the face to everyone was unsure about the oddities of supply and demand. When the BS knives dropped, they shelf-warmed, and when they finally sold and it was revealed that that was all there'd ever be thanks to possible legal action from the BSA, suddenly everyone wanted one. I think you're going to see a lot of people who are not traditional GEC customers/buyers vying to buy one of those Beer/Sausage guys, so they won't be left out in the cold.

I maintain my opinion that these are going to disappear instantly. People learned their lesson from the Beer Scouts.

I maintain my opinion that these are going to disappear instantly. People learned their lesson from the Beer Scouts.

I agree. Folks won't want to miss out on the next unique GEC release just out of the sheer profitability of it later on. The Beer Scouts have attracted a lot of eyes. And now other GECs are contributing to it (SFOs). I've seen a lot of comments along the lines of "I don't really love it, but I'm going to get one anyways."

As for the opinions that it's just extra weight and steel because of the comb. I understand. But I also will enjoy this knife because it is different. That's why I like it. I have cattle knives, jacks, whittlers, scouts, etc. But not one with a sausage fork, a comb, and a cap lifter all in one. It's unique, and for that reason alone I like it.

Back