Let's talk Northwoods

This is my favorite Northwoods yet. I had often wished for a Northwoods version of the 47 Viper. This is even better.

The rustic Bohncliffe blade and swayback handle are a marvelous combination. The Signal Jack exudes class as well as utility.

Fit and finish are excellent. Shield inletting and handle/bolsters/liners transitions are precise. The pull is exactly what I hoped for (about 6+/7). Snaps to half stop with authority and without play. Strong snap as it goes home to fully open. Same in reverse. Came as sharp (maybe sharper) as any of its 93 brethen ... easily push-cutting newspaper stock into fine ribbons and navigating S-cuts with precision.

Very well done J. Rouch/Northwoods and GEC!

pGsgPzL.jpg

Z0IycSc.jpg

This is my favorite Northwoods yet. I had often wished for a Northwoods version of the 47 Viper. This is even better.

The rustic Bohncliffe blade and swayback handle are a marvelous combination. The Signal Jack exudes class as well as utility.

Fit and finish are excellent. Shield inletting and handle/bolsters/liners transitions are precise. The pull is exactly what I hoped for (about 6+/7). Snaps to half stop with authority and without play. Strong snap as it goes home to fully open. Same in reverse. Came as sharp (maybe sharper) as any of its 93 brethen ... easily push-cutting newspaper stock into fine ribbons and navigating S-cuts with precision.

pGsgPzL.jpg

Z0IycSc.jpg

I was going to say the same thing. We finally have a Northwoods Viper!

Received my Mammoth yesterday, really nicely done great looking knife, may have a slight pin crack but hard to tell with Mammoth and its been stabilized anyways so not worried about it, shown with 2 older Mammoth Northwoods I have.

IMG_0529 (1).jpg IMG_0525.jpg IMG_0526.jpg IMG_0533.jpg IMG_0534.jpg IMG_0539.jpg

pGsgPzL.jpg

Z0IycSc.jpg

That really is a beauty!

Received my Mammoth yesterday, really nicely done great looking knife, may have a slight pin crack but hard to tell with Mammoth and its been stabilized anyways so not worried about it, shown with 2 older Mammoth Northwoods I have.

View attachment 1169476 View attachment 1169477 View attachment 1169478 View attachment 1169479 View attachment 1169480 View attachment 1169481

What a great group of knives! I never even considered mammoth for some reason, but seeing photos like these has changed my tune for future releases.

Al, your Bohncliffe folder has maybe the most beautiful mammoth I've ever seen on a knife, WOW!!
You must be over the moon with that one. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree with a few post, the Northwoods Signal Jack is just as nice as the Viper, if not better. I just got back from a weekend at the lake and my 1 and only Burnt Sienna Jig Bone was waiting for me. It's real sweet, probably my best Northwoods to date and I really like my Big Bay. All the Mammoth pictures look great, what a run between all the 93s, congrats to GEC, Charlie and KSF. Here's a few pics of the Signal Jack Jig bone.

nw931.jpg nw932.jpg nw933.jpg

Still not sure how I managed to grab this one even after losing my first. Just the look I was hoping for. Excellent fit & finish. All in all a great pattern for GEC & Northwoods.

hIIdEYc.jpg

Tim, second time around, it was meant for you, I'm not a Mammoth expert but I sure do like this one, you did good

Still not sure how I managed to grab this one even after losing my first. Just the look I was hoping for. Excellent fit & finish. All in all a great pattern for GEC & Northwoods.

hIIdEYc.jpg
You did splendidly, Tim. I, unfortunately, could not escape the Cart Snipe Vortex. Fortunately, I have enough knives to tide me over.:D Congratulations.:thumbsup:

Back