Let's talk Northwoods

I had to click on the web-sight 3/4 times, starting at 4pm. I clicked on the blue , gone in 30 seconds. I clicked on the red/black micarta , gone in one minute. Then I tried the #55 Desert Ironwood. I put in my pass word instead of my email with Pay-pal. My head hit an oak tree in 1989. I can't work fast on the keyboard. I bought four #92s. And I am looking at four to six #86s in my future. I try to buy from GEC dealers that look out for me. My #29 snakewood was canceled on me. I ordered a "KAREN" 6" black hammered harpoon clip "fixed" blade snakewood knife. It will be finished up soon and I put in an order for town toter 3" black hammered Zulu spear "fixed" blade Kentucky Shiner snakewood knife. I can't open my folder knives fast enough in a tense situation. My CASE XX 2019 CCC Antique Autumn bone Trapper-lock Kickstart is my fastest folder. I never seen a fixed blade Kentucky shiner before , but this one will be a Duesy in snakewood ! I need a new fixed blade knife to carry in commie towns !

The shipping notification says Tuesday, however based on it's actual location, I think I will see it tomorrow. Fingers crossed. :)
Mine is local now. Tennessee to Missouri in the postal system went Tennessee - Mississippi - Maryland - Missouri. I’m surprised it didn’t go to Michigan and Montana and hit all the states that start with M. The Missouri-Tennessee border is 15 miles SE of my house...

Not perfect or flawless, but so very nice. Very pinchable. Oh that saw cut.:thumbsup:
239CC92A-B604-48CD-BB9B-C05FA0BAC443_zpsiislylrm.jpeg

C27F1B16-B8BB-4DCF-8686-87DCC3AAD100_zpsenkk10zr.jpeg

Almost looks black...it’s a beauty!
Mine is “Out For Delivery” in CA
Thank you Ryan. I agree with you. Best wishes on yours. It’s either black or the darkest of blues. It’s the beauty of this saw cut that really is the star. I can’t wait to see the other covers make their appearance. Really like the tractor green jigged bone.

When they arrive I look forward to hearing real evaluation of the knives themselves, merits, shortcomings, unexpected pluses, pride of ownership rather than all this claptrap about getting them in the cart, all being gone in 30 seconds, crowing about 'winning' bitterness at 'missing out' ad nauseam. It's fundamentally boring and has little to do with collecting and more to do with petty possession.

When they arrive I look forward to hearing real evaluation of the knives themselves, merits, shortcomings, unexpected pluses, pride of ownership rather than all this claptrap about getting them in the cart, all being gone in 30 seconds, crowing about 'winning' bitterness at 'missing out' ad nauseam. It's fundamentally boring and has little to do with collecting and more to do with petty possession.
Well put Will. The only redeeming feature is listening to the whining of those who missed out. Sort of a perverse pleasure.

I passed on the latest drop but headed on over to see what stragglers were available. I lucked out on this red burlap big bay.View attachment 1228987

That's a great grab. I picked up one used on the exchange last year and have loved carrying it (carrying it today, in fact!). I did some reprofiling of the secondary edges to thin out the saber grind just a bit, and then got the edge screaming sharp, so it's a fine slicer now. But the walk and talk on these (as well as the 78s that were run at the same time) is some of the best GEC has ever accomplished.

That's a great grab. I picked up one used on the exchange last year and have loved carrying it (carrying it today, in fact!). I did some reprofiling of the secondary edges to thin out the saber grind just a bit, and then got the edge screaming sharp, so it's a fine slicer now. But the walk and talk on these (as well as the 78s that were run at the same time) is some of the best GEC has ever accomplished.
Thanks. W&T on this one is lighter than the black linen I had but overall equal in F&F. Just near perfect in size for me and I love the clip.

Mine came today as well. Excellent F&F as usual. Compared to the 92 talons the pull is a bit lighter but still crisp. I do prefer the heavier pulls of a few years back but these are still decent.

cigarrodog cigarrodog That blue sawcut looks great! Looking forward to seeing those with some pocket wear.

Looking forward to seeing all the rest!

Thanks. W&T on this one is lighter than the black linen I had but overall equal in F&F. Just near perfect in size for me and I love the clip.
Yes, great size and it has a great looking clip!

Just received a Tractor Green Jigged Bone in the mail. In general, I think the pull is a good bit lighter than the other 92s I recently purchased. Maybe a 4-5 versus a 6-7 - although I am hardly an expert. It is certainly pinchable. My other most pinchable recent knife is a canvas micarta 93 and it is a fair amount stiffer on the pull than the Ocoee. I like it but I'm gad I just got the one. From the photos, I think the green is the weakest of the covers as well, but I had a noob panic attack while trying to buy it:). I'll keep it and use it for sure but for my first Northwoods knife, IMHO the jury is still out regarding whether it's worth the extra cost and stress. Not trying to be a downer, just giving my opinion. YMMV.

6hYbhUo.jpg

wf4SAxq.jpg

Last edited:
Back