Let's talk Northwoods

So sad, Derrick was a wonderful person and a credit to the knife industry. He will be missed! Prayers out for his family!

1st week of Dec of 2013, I find GEC knives, tour their factory, buy a TK Cuban from the company store in copperhead, become a knife nut.

2nd week Dec buy a second GEC from Bob Andrews (72 lockback hunter).

3rd week find a dealer of GEC that supplies GEC with exotic raw materials and has GEC build high end SFO's. Bought a 79 Freemont in E. Ivory from KSF after discussing knives with Derrick over the course of a few days.

I still have the 72 and the 79, but I've lost two of the gentlemen that helped introduce me to this passion......so so sorry to find this out.

It wouldnt surprise me if Bob and Derrick are already trading knives up there? Bob's #47 "working man's knife" for one of Derricks#48 fruitports......

May they rest in piece.

In honor of Mr. Bohn.

NIothto.jpg

RIP, Derrick. I pray that his family and friends find some comfort and strength from the love and admiration that the knife community had (and has) for him.

My deepest condolences to all his loved ones . So very sad and such a tragic loss to all .

1st week of Dec of 2013, I find GEC knives, tour their factory, buy a TK Cuban from the company store in copperhead, become a knife nut.

2nd week Dec buy a second GEC from Bob Andrews (72 lockback hunter).

3rd week find a dealer of GEC that supplies GEC with exotic raw materials and has GEC build high end SFO's. Bought a 79 Freemont in E. Ivory from KSF after discussing knives with Derrick over the course of a few days.

I still have the 72 and the 79, but I've lost two of the gentlemen that helped introduce me to this passion......so so sorry to find this out.

It wouldnt surprise me if Bob and Derrick are already trading knives up there? Bob's #47 "working man's knife" for one of Derricks#48 fruitports......

May they rest in piece.
Yes that's sounds like something they might be doing :) they we're both top drawer guys that's for sure. I bought a beautiful example of The #38 Grinling whittler from Bob just before he passed away. I ended up selling it on here to another member but at the time I was quite new and didn't realize the significance of were I'd gotten the knife.Because I can't remember the guys name I'm hoping he reads this so he'll realize the blade was Bob's. Hope you don't mind Rockon? Trevor

Yes that's sounds like something they might be doing :) they we're both top drawer guys that's for sure. I bought a beautiful example of The #38 Grinling whittler from Bob just before he passed away. I ended up selling it on here to another member but at the time I was quite new and didn't realize the significance of were I'd gotten the knife.Because I can't remember the guys name I'm hoping he reads this so he'll realize the blade was Bob's. Hope you don't mind Rockon? Trevor
Don't mind at all, I had/have such respect for both. And I now have sentimental attachments to knives that I picked up from them both. This really makes me think hard about living life to the fullest. Enjoy each day. Derrick sure was a champion of everything with a sharp edge. Not just in selling but telling the story of the builders through his YouTube posts and emails. I feel like he kept us up to date on everything new and upcoming in the knife world and just about as instantaious as one could expect. There will be a hole that cannot be easily filled there. He certainly was a dedicated proponent for everything knife related.

I will be visiting their new store in TN in a week or so (as soon as they open) and wish Wendy much condolences for the loss of her husband. We all will miss him. I'll never meet Derrick now.... the Lord took him before I could shake his hand.

Back