Let's talk Northwoods

I'll pass on the barlows. Interested in what stragglers they put up. Hope they got one of the jacks in micarta.

Other than the natural micarta looking sort of bland, they look really nice!

It's hard not to miss Derek Bohn and his vision for Northwoods knives. It's clear he was the driving force behind the success of the Northwoods brand.
RIP
These look like the last drop point run of Madison Barlows. Same wood, same micarta, similar color bone but jigged instead of sawcut. I can't help but wonder what could have been.
The Red is interesting though.:thumbsup:

It's hard not to miss Derek Bohn and his vision for Northwoods knives. It's clear he was the driving force behind the success of the Northwoods brand.
RIP
These look like the last drop point run of Madison Barlows. Same wood, same micarta, similar color bone but jigged instead of sawcut. I can't help but wonder what could have been.
The Red is interesting though.:thumbsup:
Yes, my wallet is very glad the theme for this drop was "dull earth tones." While the red micarta does look nice and rich, its still just red micarta.

Great looking knives but I think I will pass on this one. 4.25" closed is bigger than I like for a traditional. If this was 4" or under i'd probably bite. I might stop in an see if they have any other leftovers posted as they are rumored to.

Good to see some wood back in the Northwoods line.
Agreed. Woods are always nice. I understand the occasional micarta, but individually-pictured woods, camel bone and mammoth will always be what I think of when someone says "Northwoods." I really regret getting rid of my Osage Madison. It would have been amazing to see a sawcut this year instead of two micartas. With all the fervor surrounding Ironwood, that would have been cool on a Madison, too. All that real estate to show of grain.

Last edited:
i was hoping for some of that red and orange streaked kudu bone.

but, these are all nice looking knives all around.

i hope the Northwoods line is continued by Mr Bohn's family........

16:04 PM and I am stuck on their site. Not moving. Stuck in traffic I guess. That has never happened before.

,,,Mike in Canada

I was able to at least view the Madison barlows. The page for the misc knives never displayed any on my end.

Back