Let's talk Northwoods

I went over to window shop, as usual. Took more than 5 minutes for the Barlow page to load, so at least I got to look at the prices, which was all I was interested in. The Straggler page never did load for me, so I just shut it down after 10 minutes. I'm not interested i purchasing any Northwoods knives, but I do like watching the frenzy, too bad the site is so bad.

I actually forgot and then remembered at 4:10. Ha ha ha. I was able to get the red linen as that was all that was left. I am very surprised there was anything left. Do you think they had a large lot of each or did the options just no appeal to people on this round?
Probably had something to do with the site not even loading for almost 10 minutes after 4PM

I actually forgot and then remembered at 4:10. Ha ha ha. I was able to get the red linen as that was all that was left. I am very surprised there was anything left. Do you think they had a large lot of each or did the options just no appeal to people on this round?

The red linen got added later than the others for some reason.

Wow did the site bog at 4:00, I was lucky and got the page to load and was able to grab an appaloosa and burnt sienna barlow. Checkout made me nervous, took forever to process but was able to complete the transaction. Out of curiosity went back to check out the stragglers around 4:11. Everything loaded quick, not sure if people just bailed? Was surprised at how much was available. Impulse decision and grabbed a mammoth big bay, figured I would never see one at that price again. It is definitively a frustrating process, but I got lucky this time.

Wow did the site bog at 4:00, I was lucky and got the page to load and was able to grab an appaloosa and burnt sienna barlow. Checkout made me nervous, took forever to process but was able to complete the transaction. Out of curiosity went back to check out the stragglers around 4:11. Everything loaded quick, not sure if people just bailed? Was surprised at how much was available. Impulse decision and grabbed a mammoth big bay, figured I would never see one at that price again. It is definitively a frustrating process, but I got lucky this time.
That's exactly what happened with me.

Picked up this fat gnarly stag :eek:

mqSZc91.jpg

KvhpK2u.jpg

For once I’m on the other side of the fence. I was on the right page from 5 min before the drop and kept refreshing, By 9 min. After, I figured it was over, but then I scored a Cocobolo and a Burnt Sienna Jigged bone Madison. I’ve wanted a Madison forever. I truely appreciate the disappointment of others who didn’t score. Congratulations to those who did.

I've scored a lot in the past, so I'm not really that disappointed in missing those stags. Again, happy for those that did score.

I can also understand the frustration with the process, the timing was all wonky on this drop.

Has anyone received an email confirmation on your order? I ordered a Appaloosa and it seemed to go through, saw the "thank you for your order" but no email from KSF or paypal. Also does not show up on my orders at KSF.
What a cluster!

Last edited:
Man that site was diseased.:poop: I wanted the red, ended with a wood.
Then the red came up but I was to late in getting that.:confused:

Has anyone received an email confirmation on your order? I ordered a Appaloosa and it seemed to go through, saw the "thank you for your order" but no email from KSF or paypal. Also does not show up on my orders at KSF.
Ya right away I received an email from them and paypal. Also shows up on my account with them.

This is my fourth time doing the Northwoods ordering process- and I can say this was the worst experience out of those.
The actual Madison knives took nearly 10 minutes to get on the site, and the “stragglers” didn’t load until maybe 15 after... maybe sooner but of course nobody truly knows because of how slow the servers are.

I wanted an Appaloosa and a red linen- I did not see red linen load on the site at all, but after getting “cart sniped” 4 times I came through with an Appaloosa Madison. So I am very happy as this is my first Madison.
I tried for about 6-7 stragglers- Lincoln jacks and big bays. And each was gone after I went to the PayPal site.
For some reason they kept some up on their site but It you click they say sold out. I also still have a giraffe bone Lincoln jack in my cart but of course I can’t actually buy it.

Yes, I checked my email about 5 minutes after check out and it was there. Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear.

All you window shoppers slowing down the site!!:mad::D
Yep. The site musta been hammered.
I never have any luck on these kinda things and always miss out.
I was hoping for a Forest Jack and went to the Stragglers first but didn't see one.
Even though I spent a lot of time going through all the Straggler pages, I finally went to the Barlow page even though I figured I was gonna be too late. But I was able to score an Appaloosa which was the Madison I wanted anyway. Yeah baby! :D

I bought two. One went through with an email right away. One did not. I called with the order number and they said they would take care of it.
Call them.:thumbsup:

Back