lionSteel Beerlow

It will be another very high quality product that actually extends interest in Traditional knives. Nothing in its construction or materials subverts or undermines the Forum rules. Did people start baying when the late Tony Bose had the temerity to replace a Spey blade on a Trapper with a Wharncliffe?? Didn't see that in the 60s m'grandaddy never heard of such a thing....;)

Its aesthetics, as with every pattern, may not be to some peoples' taste. That's part of diverse choice. I'm not after one as I have enough knives with crown/cap lifters and prefer single-blades or blades at each end rather than the Jack layout. The current Forum Knife from Italy is just an amazing piece of knife-art, plus it really cuts from the word go- as ALL knives should but many don't.

I misinterpreted "valid point" as a valid point instead of valid point of view. That does make more sense put that way. Thanks for the clarification.

Hard not to see the "modern" features in the knives.
Probably not a lot of folding knives from the 60's with adjustable pivots.
But I do like the knives!!! and they have been deemed appropriate for this forum.
Have to bold the positive so people actually see it. ;)

Christmas Eve Gift (to me)....

View attachment 1479073
To my eye this one looks almost "militaristic utilitarian" in it's lines, especially the cap lifter screwdriver blade...it seems to lack the visual appeal/ nuances of the scout/camp knives and also GEC's Beerlow blade. Replace that ugly cap lifter with a smaller Wharncliffe blade like the Queen Dan Burke barlow and I'd be all over this one like white on rice.

Which point? The point that it is not a controversial test, even though every time it is discussed it is agreed screws pass the test yet gets brought up every time a pot is found that needs stirring? Or the point that a dealer has no right to discuss or post knives?

For the record Mike, I never agreed that this new knife passed the test. And every new knife that you choose to post on this forum (these are your own posts, not others) that you decide to class as ‘traditional’ invites that assessment.

You choose to post these knives on here - presumably to enhance your sales - so you have no right to complain if some people choose to voice the opinion that they do not belong on this traditional knife discussion forum.

If you don’t like the fact this is a discussion forum, simply purchase advertisements in other media and don’t post your knives here. Otherwise, they will be discussed.

Last edited:
For the record Mike, I never agreed that this new knife passed the test. And every new knife that you choose to post on this forum (these are your own posts, not others) that you decide to class as ‘traditional’ invites that assessment.

You choose to post these knives on here - presumably to enhance your sales - so you have no right to complain if some people choose to voice the opinion that they do not belong on this traditional knife discussion forum.

If you don’t like the fact this is a discussion forum, simply purchase advertisements in other media and don’t post your knives here. Otherwise, they will be discussed.

Man, give it a rest! You have made it perfectly clear how you feel and the mods said it fits in this forum.

Mike went well out of his way to help produce this year's forum knife so maybe you should show a little respect.

If a non-knife knut from the 1950's saw the knife, it wouldn't seem strange or different. The pattern is sufficiently traditional and the average Joe would not have noticed the differences in construction. That is a settled point.

SFO's in effect make the dealer into a manufacturer having their knives toll manufactured. In the discussion forums, we let manufacturers discuss their knives. Other dealers and knife makers have started similar threads in the past to talk about some of their projects.
Moreover, Mike
is not stating prices or delivery dates, but is just talking about the knives.

Taking it all together, I'm calling it, "fair ball."

Camillus Camillus give it a rest. At this point, you have already made your position sufficiently clear.

If a non-knife knut from the 1950's saw the knife, it wouldn't seem strange or different. The pattern is sufficiently traditional and the average Joe would not have noticed the differences in construction. That is a settled point.

SFO's in effect make the dealer into a manufacturer having their knives toll manufactured. In the discussion forums, we let manufacturers discuss their knives. Other dealers and knife makers have started similar threads in the past to talk about some of their projects.
Moreover, Mike
is not stating prices or delivery dates, but is just talking about the knives.

Taking it all together, I'm calling it, "fair ball."

Camillus Camillus give it a rest. At this point, you have already made your position sufficiently clear.
Just to clarify, I'm totally in agreement with Frank's post. At this point it's settled. Give it a rest.

Looks outstanding! I’d love one in titanium to match my dom. :thumbsup:

I think it looks pretty cool. I was planning to get one of the CK01 slims in 2021 when my knife budget refreshes (lol), but might prefer one of these. Any plans to make a slim version of this knifeswapper knifeswapper ?

I think it looks pretty cool. I was planning to get one of the CK01 slims in 2021 when my knife budget refreshes (lol), but might prefer one of these. Any plans to make a slim version of this knifeswapper knifeswapper ?

I don't really see a "slim" 2 blader; and really wanting natural slabs that can't work that way.

Back