1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Looking for a decent "Man Bag"

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Macchina, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Macchina

Macchina

Apr 7, 2006
    I believe Sam Elliott carries this exact bag...
    tb,1000x1000,small-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u6.jpg

marchone and 22-rimfire like this.
  2. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    About the only time I carry one is at gunshows, and then I stick with the old Army map case my Platoon Sergeant gave me when I reported to B/2-327 INF as the 2d Platoon Leader 34 years ago in 1985. We called this piece of equipment the "fag bag" back then. Couldn't get away with that now.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  3. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    That was my "book bag" when I was in grade school. But it was an earlier WWII model or at least Korea. Wish I would have saved the plexiglass (or plastic?) map storage part. Quite honestly, I wouldn't have been caught dead carrying a man bag 30 years ago.

@leghog said "We called this piece of equipment the "fag bag" back then. Couldn't get away with that now." But people still "think it".

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  4. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    Several months have passed and I am totally pleased with the Duluth bag choice. It gets used, but not more than once a week generally unless I am going out of town. It gets carried when I carry my 8" tablet computer. I carried it to the Social Security office a while back when I knew I might be waiting for hours potentially.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    sodak likes this.
  5. Dad2E4

Dad2E4

Jan 8, 2007
  6. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    @Dad2E4 Those look very appealing.

7. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr

Jan 6, 2012
    Helikon Tex bushcraft satchel

8. Gress

Gress

Feb 8, 2009
    I stick to Saddleback leather for a medium or large urban bag or to Galco for a man's bag :)

9. AR-Trvlr

AR-Trvlr Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2009
    I use a Mountainsmith lumbar pack w/ the additional shoulder strap. Mostly to carry my camera & lenses, but also as a hiking bag. If I'm just knocking around I use the shoulder strap and tuck the belt straps behind the padding on the back. If I'm going for a hike I use both. (Picture snagged from the web)

[​IMG]

10. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
  11. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    I used to be that thin! :D