• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Lost contact with snowreaper1.

Remember, insurance only protects the Seller/shipper, not the buyer. I don't care what a sales ad says, or when someone swears on a stack of bibles that insurance is "extra". It's not going to protect the buyer.

You are 100 % on the money Rev

It makes my blood boil when the seller try's to stick it to the buyer for extra money for insurance

It seems there afraid to ask the price they really want, so they try and make it up with BS charges like trying to collect there PP fee's and there insurance from the buyer

Remember, insurance only protects the Seller/shipper, not the buyer. I don't care what a sales ad says, or when someone swears on a stack of bibles that insurance is "extra". It's not going to protect the buyer.

Which is exactly why I said making a claim with UPS is somewhat of a futile effort. If they do approve the claim he gets another check for $650, and considering he hasn't responded to an e-mail in 48 hours. I'd say he would be $1300 richer.

Last edited:
Which is exactly why I said making a claim with UPS is somewhat of a futile effort. If they do approve the claim he gets another check for $650, and considering he hasn't responded to an e-mail in 48 hours. I'd say he would be $1300 richer.

Esav pointed out something you are possibly overlooking. You received an empty box, possibly damaged in transit (giving snowreaper the benefit of the doubt anecdotally). In my mind, UPS should be investigated as an avenue. I sure as heck wouldn't be sitting back idly over $1300. Send emails, make phone calls, whatever you need to do. That avenue has to be explored regardless of what you think. You don't have to make a claim, but you need to ask. If you don't ask the answer is always no.

Esav pointed out something you are possibly overlooking. You received an empty box, possibly damaged in transit (giving snowreaper the benefit of the doubt anecdotally). In my mind, UPS should be investigated as an avenue. I sure as heck wouldn't be sitting back idly over $1300. Send emails, make phone calls, whatever you need to do. That avenue has to be explored regardless of what you think. You don't have to make a claim, but you need to ask. If you don't ask the answer is always no.
I have reported it to UPS already they are going to inspect the box Monday.

Can you explain this one to me? I've heard this several times, but is it an actual point documented by parcel services or by most businesses using them?

What he means is the insurance covers the seller and not the buyer because as a seller you have a responsibility to get the buyer what they paid for without issue.

Can you explain this one to me? I've heard this several times, but is it an actual point documented by parcel services or by most businesses using them?

It means that one you pay for a knife, it's the seller's responsibility to get the knife into your hands. If for some reason it doesn't get to you safely, the seller owes you a refund. Insurance lets the seller recoup the money he lost refunding you.

Last edited:
What he means is the insurance covers the seller and not the buyer because as a seller you have a responsibility to get the buyer what they paid for without issue.
THIS 100%:thumbup: AND Correct me if I'm wrong, but as the buyer, you do NO business with the shipping company--those services were enlisted by the seller. So even if you did give money to the seller for insurance, when you contact the USPS/UPS office, they wont even want to deal with you, because you were not their customer, the seller was. Though my inquiry was in regard to a different matter, this was my experience with USPS.

It means that one you pay for a knife, it's the seller's responsibility to get the knife into your hands. If for some reason it doesn't get to you safely, the seller owes you a refund. Insurance lets the seller recoup the money he lost refunding you.

Got it. I thought it might've been along those lines. Thanks.

i do realize this but I had to assume that because of his + feedback that if something were to happen I would more likely get my money back if the knife were insured

I dont know Snowreaper but I do know that by him ignoring this thread and not giving any answers it sure points fingers at him! I dont care if the guy was moving or whatever. He demanded gifted money he should have shipped the next day and provided tracking info! No excuses for any of this! Sounds mega fishy to me!! Will this guy be banned for this? Best of luck to the OP! :)

I'm bumping this back up. There seems to be yet another problem with snowreaper1. He's been unable to communicate at this point with another member and has not held up his end of the bargain. This is infuriating for the person owed money, not to mention stressful. If he chooses to come forward and tell his story, he can do it here or start his own thread.

Snowreaper, I've sent you an email regarding the deal you have pending that you've not made good on. Do the right thing and honor your word.

I'm bumping this back up. There seems to be yet another problem with snowreaper1. He's been unable to communicate at this point with another member and has not held up his end of the bargain. This is infuriating for the person owed money, not to mention stressful. If he chooses to come forward and tell his story, he can do it here or start his own thread.

Snowreaper, I've sent you an email regarding the deal you have pending that you've not made good on. Do the right thing and honor your word.

Do you know if he has done anything for the OP of this thread ?

If you package a knife the right way I don't see how it could fall out of the box.

Op snowreaper1 tried burning me for a 3" xm-1& in 20cv, he request me to ship ups since usps has supposedly lost his money before, and uses usps himself. When i recieved an empty box you can imagine i was infuriated. Evan needs to man up and email or call me. I have given him my number on several occasions to hear his side and he always avoids it. I have an insurance claim pending for $600 but he still owes me $100 difference on my sebenza 25, and southard flipper. I have given him till tomorrow before i report mail fraud and contact his landlord. I had given him the benefit of the doubt but now see him for the cowardly snake he is..

Op snowreaper1 tried burning me for a 3" xm-1& in 20cv, he request me to ship ups since usps has supposedly lost his money before, and uses usps himself. When i recieved an empty box you can imagine i was infuriated. Evan needs to man up and email or call me. I have given him my number on several occasions to hear his side and he always avoids it. I have an insurance claim pending for $600 but he still owes me $100 difference on my sebenza 25, and southard flipper. I have given him till tomorrow before i report mail fraud and contact his landlord. I had given him the benefit of the doubt but now see him for the cowardly snake he is..

If you haven't started a thread here about this you really need to for the good of our community.

Most will not see your post buried in this older thread. Many that have read it won't come back to read it again.

I will post everything in depth once i get to a computer.. I have evans former employers contact info, he told me to give him a call to let hin know the status on evan.

So he's ripped 3 people off?
Come on!
Tussery needs his cash back.
The person who contacted Rev needs his money back.
D.C. Needs $100.
It's sad that all of you got ripped off by the same snake.

Snowreaper is looking more and more like a scum bag to me.

I contacted rev so only two that im aware of, i did some digging and found 5 relatives of his all in simi valley were he recieved my knives from, and all there adresses and phone numbers... Evan you burnt the wrong bridge and as god as my witness i will do any and everything to get mine as well as ops money back... If i have to file felony reports of male fraud, hand over your former employer, family, and landlord to either the police or fbi i will get ahold of you.. To bad you couldnt be a man and handle it as such... I see you used my knives to perform a vasectomy since you have no integrity...

"They dont feel me unless i put the fear of god in them" -Illmaculate

Last edited:
Back