Love for the Swiss Army Knife?

Not many pics handy, but I have a couple. One is a Wenger Ranger I am particularly fond of.

One of my hobbies is metal detecting. The saw blade on the Hiker cuts through small tree roots quickly. One of the reasons its my EDC.

The actual "knife" itself? No, too soft, dulls too easily. And redundant since I've always got another knife on me. Which is why I go bladeless. :cool:

8zfsj.jpg

One of my hobbies is metal detecting. The saw blade on the Hiker cuts through small tree roots quickly. One of the reasons its my EDC.

Good double up on tool uses. I tend to dovetail hobbies\interests also. I'm running a Garrett ACE 250, an AT Pro International and a Tesoro Tejon detectors. I tend to use the saw teeth on my Lesche digging tool but the serrations are on the wrong side in my opinion. Now you woke me up to another reason to carry a SAK with a saw blade. It is amazing how these tools are useful in so many situations.

Good double up on tool uses. I tend to dovetail hobbies\interests also. I'm running a Garrett ACE 250, an AT Pro International and a Tesoro Tejon detectors. I tend to use the saw teeth on my Lesche digging tool but the serrations are on the wrong side in my opinion. Now you woke me up to another reason to carry a SAK with a saw blade. It is amazing how these tools are useful in so many situations.

I have an older Whites Eagle and a Tesoro Vaquero . The Vaquero finds everything in the woods but there are lots of roots to deal with.So If Im going in the woods to hunt, Ill carry a One Handed Trekker because of the longer saw blade.

A red alox Farmer was my first knife as a kid, and it went everywhere with me. It was without a doubt the knife that started my edged-tool obsession.

Though I haven't owned another SAK for years, I was thinking the other day about how incredibly useful they are as a slim alternative to a bulky, heavy multi-tool in a small kit. So I went out the other day and bought a Camper:

h4xf.jpg

1jxb.jpg

And I'm reminded all over again how great SAKs are. There's a new Farmer on my list, and probably a few more...

I'm sharing the love for this great product! I have two Swisstools that ride with me everywhere in edc bags and get-home bags......also have more than 10 regular vics in various configs. My personal favorite is the Handyman.

The best size --- 108mm. Vic GAK
German%2520Army%2520Victrinox%2520Open.jpg

On my belt daily. Vic Farmer
Vic%2520Farmer.jpg

A gift in the field over 20 years ago. From the giver's pocket to mine at Wat Po in Cambodia. Swiss Champion
SwissChampion2.JPG

The Vic Recruit. Whole lot of knife for 12 bucks!
Vic%2520SAK%2520Recruit.jpg

Thought I'd get a couple of Wengers before they are gone forever. Flush back tools. Highlander
Wenger%2520Highlander%2520Closed.jpg

Wenger%2520Highlander%2520Open.jpg

Evo with locking main blade. Again, flush back tools. S-111
Wenger%2520S-111%2520Closed.jpg

Wenger%2520S-111%2520Open.jpg

Lots of love for Victorinox here. I EDC a Vic Huntsman,my favorite Multi-tools are the Swisstool and the Spirit.

I've had a hiker in my left front pocket every day, except for boot camp for about 43 years now. I've lost 2 and they were replaced within a day of discovering them missing and I'll take one to my grave, just in case, because I'm sure I could open the casket with it.

I EDC a Vic Huntsman that I've had for at least 16 years (can't remember when I bought it, but at least around 1997....). I had a Champ long before that, but it was too big and so was given away.

A few years ago I was fortunate enough to acquire a near bucket full of used SAKs. Most of them have been given away, but I still have a few. A couple old soldiers, one of which is several years older than myself, and a red huntsman. I've been trying to carry the huntsman more, and have started to carry it on my days off instead of a leatherman. I just have too many useful things to carry... I'd like to get a climber, as I rarely need the saw in the suburbs, but I would also like an explorer for adventuring. Sometimes life is tough huh?

Was helping a friend move some junk from an old shed recently. Found this poor fella in the bottom of a beat up tool box. I saved it from the dumpster. The guts look good. One end is beat up preventing the blades from opening all the way but I think I can clean it up. She's not ready for knife heaven quite yet.
2013-12-25%25252019.31.57.jpg

Back