1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

**MAIL CALL**- traditionals

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Ramrodmb, May 6, 2019.

1. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Camillus #16 arrived yesterday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Welcome to the club, now go take some pictures with a beer and post over on the The Beer Scout Knife forum!!

bbk357, meako, FSU1992 and 3 others like this.
  3. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    20190706_115614-734x890.jpg

paulhilborn, Pinemoon, Dschal and 4 others like this.
  4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I've had this white smooth bone Rough Rider canoe for quite a while, but it went to visit @r8shell in Austin and came back on Wednesday with a whole new look! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: The pile side is decorated in the fashion of a Native American canoe using a very pleasing triangle/circle pattern:
    pile.jeans.jpg

The mark side is an amazing "lakescape" that synthesizes a number of scenes I sent Rachel from the place on Lake Huron where we've gone for vacation for almost 30 years. She also included a canoeist very much like the blade etch on a Case canoe, and if you look very closely, you'll see that the canoe is decorated in the fashion of the pile side of my knife!
    mark.table.jpg

I'm very honored and very grateful to have another of Rachel's fantastic scrimshaw examples! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks so much, Rachel!

- GT

WHT, Dr-Mabuse, paulhilborn and 15 others like this.
  5. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    I'm generally not crazy about scrimshaw, but that came out very nice.

6. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I've always liked those Dan Burke Queens. Congrats!

Beautiful Snakewood on a handy little pattern. I also enjoy the Oak leaf shield.:thumbsup:

Nice one, Ed.:thumbsup:

Another great one that looks like it'll fit in nicely with your other oldies!

That is a great 15. Excellent jigging and color. I love the 2 blade models and M&G have had some wonderful sfo's.

I bet you are honored, Gary, as well you should be! That is amazing work! @r8shell must have some good eyes to be able to carry that out. Love the old school canoe decoration. I recognized it right away. Thanks for showing it!:thumbsup::cool:

7. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Saturday’s with a special delivery from @tongueriver been after one of the Walden 885s for a bit and he was kind enough to sell me one. 1EA32B26-3D42-4249-B9E4-8270E59BC660.jpeg
    From today both quite the lookers 4C8730C8-123B-4CF2-9D59-33AB387E003C.jpeg

8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Wow! That's special Gary, congratulations :) :thumbsup:

Nice work Rachel :cool: :thumbsup:

meako and Ramrodmb like this.
  9. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Today's mail. Can't believe I have one of these again. The knife that started it all for me. Kershaw #4932 Rhinelander. Working at a camp in summer 1986, saw one of these at a gun shop in Kerrville, Texas and had to have it. I'd had Buck 110/112, Schrades, Case but never even heard of Kershaw. I paid the princely sum of $110 or $120 I think, first "high end" knife I ever bought. Had it for about 3 years, carried it regularly, and it disappeared after a party at our house one night. Been missing that knife for 30 years. Not sure who made these. I know Anton Winger Jr. made some fixed blades for Kershaw in the 80's, but this looks suspiciously like a Puma Prince. It's a big knife, won't be able to carry it until I get a pouch to fit.

20190708_170714.jpg

20190708_174530.jpg

20190708_173137.jpg

10. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Jeff, AKA @black mamba , sent this so fast I’m sure USPS drivers were speedingo_O

[​IMG]

paulhilborn, navaja, zolthar and 7 others like this.
  11. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]
    I didn't even expect these in today and wasn't gonna go to the post office, I'm sure glad I did.

12. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Trestle Pine Topper
    Ironwood..
    I bought a Trestle Pine with ancient Oak (I think)..timber which had been logged and sunk to the bottom of a river for years...as a thank you for the guy that built my kitchen table Old Carbon Custom..recycled Aussie hardwoods ..which he gave me...its an heirloom quality piece of furniture..you will see in many of my pics.So that was payback because he wouldnt take money.
    I was impressed with the build of the Trestle Pine knife...by Queen I believe before the demise...so I ummed and ahhed for a while and snagged this un...I love these big stout clip blades and bottle opener...the brass hardware....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But best of all the Ironwood....and this is 1 of 2 made apparently.Built to work and to last...looking good.
    [​IMG]
    Cheers.

13. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    That's pretty special. Nice job @r8shell :)

Ramrodmb likes this.
  14. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    All this Lambfoot hoopla made me want more, so I had to sample some Sheffield cutlery. :)

Random first impressions, in no particular order:

I really like the peach pruner: the size, blade shape...just a cool, very useful little knife!

These make you appreciate GEC quality/fit&finish! I mean, you get what you pay for and all. They seem to be stout, no frills workers.

There is no edge to speak of out the (box) envelope. By no edge, I mean none. No apex. Interesting way to call a knife done, but easily remedied.

I like the size of the Lambfoot. Right around 3 1/2” handle sweet spot.

These will earn their (bargain) keep and be put to work!

[​IMG]

15. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    The secret to detail work is magnification. ;)

Thanks, guys! :)

16. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Found this beauty on Collector Knives and it landed last night. Love it!

[​IMG]

17. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Wow, Eli, that is one pretty knife!

Eli Chaps likes this.
  18. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Thank you sir. :)

19. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012

:oops:

[​IMG]

20. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Today’s delivery was a steal of a deal $50 shipped for the pair of these 2 dot Buck 110s. Never had an older 110 they for sure look and feel a lot nicer than the current productions and the LB7 from the same time period I considered above the 110 are now pretty equal. DE09D236-2CC9-48A2-A7CD-139C435CE240.jpeg