1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makers: Post pics of your knives.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by jdm61, Jan 25, 2016.

1. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Good for you! I think you will do great,good luck sir!

2. jdm61

jdm61 itinerant metal pounder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2005
    You don't forge your own? Lightweight. Brad is a good guy and stands by his steel. I tell people that Alabama Damascus is the lowest priced stuff that I would generally buy. Would I use it? No, but that is because I am not a wimpy Canuck and I make my own. :D

3. Willie71

Willie71 Warren J. Krywko. Part Time Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 23, 2013

My life keeps getting in the way of my press. Each week I keep saying, “this week, I’m getting it done!” Then my wife totals the truck, or the reapite kid falls apart. No different than anyone else I guess.

4. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Harbeer that is a winner for sure!
    Warren I have a little kitchen prep in Alabama I made probably 2 years ago for our kitchen and it's a nice little slicer. Doesn't hold and edge forever but easily resharpens. I still keep it as an option for customers who want Damascus but can't afford the higher cost of other makers Damascus.

5. weo

weo KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 21, 2014
    Hello all. Y'alls pics look good and inspiring, keep it up please!
    I haven't been posting here in the past year, so here's the kitchen knives I've done:
    A steak knife finished in May (1095/15N20)
    [​IMG]

A santoku finished in August with 5 layers O1/15N20/mild steel
    [​IMG]

2 garasukis finished in October (1095/15N20)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A boning knife (1095/15N20) and cheese knife (O1/15N20) finished in December
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as always
    peace and love
    billyO

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    marcus52AR, 353, milkbaby and 2 others like this.
  6. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    well, not finished stuff but i am pretty proud of the way these are looking already...this is my next batch of stainless customs headed to Peters. There is one vtoku2 blade in there too.
    I feel like I really have the profiles dialed in at this point and am excited to finish these:)
    [​IMG]

7. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Nice set there Tim, what hardness are you going for? I've used Nitro V and XHP at 62 and have been happy.

8. weo

weo KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 21, 2014
    Hello again, all. I guess a good thing about being unemployed is it allows me to spend a bit more time in the shop, and here's the most recent finished (well, except for the final edge).

Both 1095/15N20 with ~7 1/2" blade lengths. The top one is 1 7/8" at the heel.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.
    ~billyO

milkbaby, Willie71 and FOG2 like this.
  9. Jonas Johnsson

Jonas Johnsson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 13, 2017
    Hi guys,
    Here are two recently almost finished integrals, they need sharpening and the small one need makers mark.
    Fun feature on the first one is that makers mark are integrated in the pattern, it was an experiment almost successful, have to work a bit more on that on the next blade :rolleyes:
    Hope you like it :)
    IMG_1293.jpg IMG_1294.jpg IMG_1300.jpg

me2, 353, olymon and 5 others like this.
  10. HSC ///

HSC /// KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 7, 2012
    This was a vintage 10” sabatier knife. I worked on this last year to learn kitchen knives and made a sculpted handle for it. I reprofiled the blade again down to 8.5” and made the tip thin. I radiused the heavy choil which allows a close up pinch grip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

353, olymon, Willie71 and 2 others like this.
  11. HSC ///

HSC /// KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 7, 2012
    stag and kingwood and silicon bronze frame handle with Damascus suminagashi white steel water quenched

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

olymon, FOG2, milkbaby and 1 other person like this.
  12. Willie71

Willie71 Warren J. Krywko. Part Time Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 23, 2013
    HSC you are killing it! Great knives!

HSC /// likes this.
  13. Carterwhopkins

Carterwhopkins

Dec 12, 2012
    It's been a while since I have posted, but looking forward to contributing on a more regular basis. This is a 155mm tall petty made of 52100, hardened to 62HRc. The handle is bias cut royal palm with buffalo horn and nickel-silver spacers. The saya is also royal palm with a hand turned nickel-silver pin.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

353, milkbaby, Willie71 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Maineiac1

Maineiac1

May 3, 2017
    End of my first year into knife making and this is my first paring knife.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

353 and milkbaby like this.
  15. Willie71

Feb 23, 2013
    353 and milkbaby like this.
  16. Carterwhopkins

Carterwhopkins

Dec 12, 2012
    Here is a matched set, a 240mm gyuto and a 150mm petty. Both are made of 52100 treated to 62HRC. The handles are dyed and stabilized Oregon maple burl with a ferrule and endcap made of black buffalo horn and nickel-silver spacers. The sayas are figured claro walnut with hand turned and knurled nickel-silver pins.

[​IMG]

353, milkbaby, olymon and 2 others like this.
  17. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    here is a most recent dove-wa style handle that i mounted on an Itsuo Doi blade
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HSC ///, Willie71, 353 and 6 others like this.
  18. samuraistuart

samuraistuart KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 21, 2006
    LOVE that handle, Tim!

19. olymon

olymon

Apr 27, 2017
    ^ I'll second that. Nice design.

20. Carterwhopkins

Carterwhopkins

Dec 12, 2012
    This is a 180mm funayuki made and designed for one of our BF members. The steel is 52100 hardened to 62HRC. The blade has a nice distal taper and is quite thin behind the edge. The handle is Oregon black oak burl with accents of 3,400 yr old bog oak, mastodon ivory,honey buffalo horn, and nickel-silver.

[​IMG]

353, timos-, milkbaby and 2 others like this.