Manix 2 CRUWEAR

I got mine from the bay for 165. He had six at that price and sold out in about 4 hrs. Not bad considering they are going for 229 at a lot of places now. Very excited to get my hands on it. Never experienced Cru wear and it will be my first Manix sprint run. :) should be here tomorrow :)

Ok, pics as promised.

It's like if the outer two mated, the middle would be their offspring...
IMG_20140716_221617125_zpsunln7hwq.jpg

IMG_20140716_232940960_zpsxucysr6k.jpg

IMG_20140716_233011049_zpsqe5dt5y0.jpg

Ok, pics as promised.

It's like if the outer two mated, the middle would be their offspring...
IMG_20140716_221617125_zpsunln7hwq.jpg

IMG_20140716_232940960_zpsxucysr6k.jpg

IMG_20140716_233011049_zpsqe5dt5y0.jpg

Yeeeaah buddy........ she's a looker! Mine should be here tomorrow, I can't wait! How many times have y'all did it? You know; opened and closed, lol. :D

Just a few. She's a little stiff and I think I'm gonna keep'er that way until I figure out if I'm gonna use her or put'r back in the box.
The diamond patterning is an awesome touch to the G10. Great idea and I hope to see the idea incorporated into future sprints. Makes them stand out a bit in addition to the unique G10 color.

My only gripe about the CRUWEAR G10 color is that it's so light it tends to pick up any dirt on your fingers and lock it in.
Almost like if you've ever had a white baseball hat... So I'm trying to handle it as little as possible in case I just wanna collect / resell it

I’m still on the fence with this Cruwear Manix. It certainly has all the aesthetics that appeal to me. Problem for me is I don’t care so much for the ball bearing lock. Even though it functions ambidextrously, I don’t find it to my particular liking; not so easy for me to manipulate. I have no problem with the axis lock. Similar but not so much where it counts for me. I am left handed but prefer the right hand compression lock to this one.
I have the Manix2 in s110v and the Manix2 XL in s90v and the lock just seems to be the problem for me. I have the Military Cruwear but I never carry a “righty only” so it sits in its box. Bottom line is I’d like a Cruwear I would use, but still not sure about my capacity to like the Manix.

This probably just makes me sound overly picky, but after having a Cru Wear Military, that gray color is just wayyy too light for me. It almost seems more like an off white. I much prefer the gray tone on the RAT 1.

I picked up 2 different sprints in the last week. One being the Cruwear. They seem a little rough in the pivot and lock compared to the standard model.

After getting so accustomed to my dark blue LW Manix 2, the CRUWEAR sprint feels like a brick in my hand. But in a good way(?)
Mine is a bit stiff. If I wanted to work at it, I could get it loosened up and flying open like all my others, but I seriously don't even wanna handle it. The G10 is so light, I know I'm gonna have some unseen ash on my finger and put a big dirt smudge right on the side :(

After getting so accustomed to my dark blue LW Manix 2, the CRUWEAR sprint feels like a brick in my hand. But in a good way(?)
Mine is a bit stiff. If I wanted to work at it, I could get it loosened up and flying open like all my others, but I seriously don't even wanna handle it. The G10 is so light, I know I'm gonna have some unseen ash on my finger and put a big dirt smudge right on the side :(

Me too. I was like wow this thing is heavy...lol but I like heavy knives.
Im still really debating on actually using it or just keeping it a safe queen...it is my first Manix Sprint...so probably safe queen. Maybe i'll pick up a cheap used one and have fun with it :)

I think I'm gonna get some custom scales. That seems to be the solution to my problem on this one.
Leave the pretty pearly G10 in the box and toss some black or red custom scales on there. Then I'd feel much better about carrying it at least.

I think I'm gonna get some custom scales. That seems to be the solution to my problem on this one.
Leave the pretty pearly G10 in the box and toss some black or red custom scales on there. Then I'd feel much better about carrying it at least.

I can help you with that ;) Let me know. Maybe some Red Lightning Strike carbon fiber ;) ;)
Same Scale, different lighting

Yeah that's awesome. I'm a fiend for some red & black.
I had BellaBlades make me a custom scale for my 0560, I think the Lava Flow Kirinite turned out great!

IMG_20140502_205351765_HDR_zpskihwl2ty.jpg

It will be about a month before I'll be able to spend money on knives again, but I'm interested for sure.
PM me prices on that red & black CF for a Manix 2.

Back